Chapter 26 - The Homecoming Game

Austin had to go to the stadium early for football warm ups so Jolie didn't want to ride there with him and get stuck waiting around forever like she did last time. She was told that everyone dresses up crazy in the school colors for Homecoming so she had asked Bailey to come over to her house so they could get ready together. Then they were going to ride to the game with Blaze in his car.

Jolie put on Austin's blue and gold football jersey with some black leggings and some knee-high blue and gold striped socks. She put her hair up in pig tails with big blue and yellow pom poms and painted Austin's jersey number on one of her cheeks in blue and an RHS on the other cheek.

She heard a knock at the door and she rushed downstairs and opened it to see Bailey wearing a blue t-shirt with the yellow school logo on it, some black leggings and tall yellow socks with white tennis shoes.

"Is this close to what you wanted me to wear? I tried the best I could, but I'm not good at this stuff," Bailey laughed.

"It's a good start. I'll help with your hair and makeup. C'mon in," Jolie said, leading the way up to her bedroom. 

She sat her down at her light-up vanity and put her hair up in pigtails, spraying one side blue and one side yellow before adding glitter spray on top. Then she painted a football and RHS on her cheeks.

"Perfect, Now it's Blaze's turn," Jolie said with a mischievous smile. She walked down the hall and knocked on his door.

"Come in," he called out and she opened the door and the first thing she noticed was that it smelled really good in there, like his cologne. He was sitting on his bed, strumming on a black guitar. He took one look at Jolie and Bailey and laughed.

"You two look ridiculous," he said, laying his guitar into its stand.

"Yeah, and now it's your turn. C'mon," Jolie said, grabbing his arm and pulling on it until he was standing.

"No way," he laughed, shaking his head. "You're lucky I'm even going. There's no way in hell I'm dressing up."

Jolie put out her bottom lip and pouted up at him. "Please Blaze?! It'll be fun."

He smiled down at her and flicked her nose. "You're cute, but my answer is still no," he said before collapsing back onto his bed again, crossing his feet at his ankles and propping his arms behind his head.

Jolie folded her arms across her chest. "C'mon, please?" she begged.

"Nope. Not gonna happen," he laughed, pulling out his cell phone and scrolling on it.

She let out an exhale of defeat before saying, "Okay fine. Well we're ready to go whenever you are then."

He got up and slid on his leather jacket, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"There. I'm ready," he shrugged.

"Ugh. It's so unfair how fast dude's can get ready," Jolie grumbled. "You don't have to fix your hair, makeup and try on twenty outfits to find just the right one, yet you still look perfect. It's not right."

"Yep you're right. It's unfair. You should write a letter to God and complain," he laughed, following them out into the hallway.

They went outside to Blaze's car and Jolie decided to be nice and let Bailey have the front seat while she sat in the middle of the backseat. His car smelled like his cologne too and she decided she really liked it. It was like a mixture of leather and a clean, fresh outdoor smell. Blaze slid into the driver's seat and started the car up with a rumble before pulling away down the road.