Chapter 6 - Lunch with Austin

***** Jolie's Point of View *****

When Jolie went to get in line for lunch she ran into Bailey, the sweet girl that had helped her find her class earlier.

"Hey Bailey! How are you?"

She smiled back, "I'm good Jolie. Are you liking your new school so far?"

"Yeah, surprisingly I am. It's a LOT smaller than my old school in New York, but it's nice."

Jolie looked up and saw Austin and he waved at her. She waved back smiling.

"You know Austin Fox?" Bailey asked, raising an eyebrow and looking surprised.

"Yeah he's my next door neighbor."

"Seriously? That's cool."

"Yeah, he's really nice. He was nice enough to let me ride to and from school with him since I don't have a car here."

"Hmmm. That is nice. Just ummm, be careful," she whispered, before looking around to make sure no one overheard.

Jolie scrunched her eyebrows. "What do you mean? Be careful about what?"

"Messing around with him will put a target on your back."

Jolie laughed. "I wouldn't say we're messing around. I mean, I did watch a movie with him in his bedroom and I ate dinner with him and his Mom, but that's about it. We're just friends."

Bailey didn't look convinced.

"Well if I was you, I would keep it that way. His ex Mandy is the captain of the cheerleading team and she's literally the spawn of satan himself. If you get on her bad side, she will make your life a living hell. Be warned."

Jolie wasn't afraid of Mandy, but she appreciated Bailey looking out for her.

"He did ask me to go to his football game tonight and to hang out with him at the Roller Gals Diner after," she said, grabbing some turkey and veggies from the counter and putting it on her tray.

"He asked you to go to Roller Gals with him?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "That's a big deal around here. That's where guys take girls they like after the games, so he must like you. That'll definitely get Mandy's attention and piss her off. Like I said, just be careful."

Jolie nodded. "I will. Hey, I ummm. I kind of promised Austin I would sit with him at lunch. Do you want to join us?"

Bailey looked over at Austin's table. "Oh no. That's not really my crowd, but thanks for the offer. I'm gonna go eat with my friends in the library. You have fun though," she said with a smile before walking off and out the cafeteria doors. 

Bailey reminded Jolie so much of herself, the old her. Back then she would've rather eaten in the library than the cafeteria too, but now she was excited to eat with Austin and his friends. Bailey walked over to his table and Austin moved his backpack off the seat beside him.

"I saved you a seat," he said, patting on it.

She smiled at him as she sat down and said, "Thank you," before looking up and noticing the guy in front of her smiling at her. She recognized him from the hallway this morning. He was one of the guys Austin warned her about.

"Hi Jolie. I'm Chaz. It's nice to meet you," he said holding out his hand and smiling at her with his straight white teeth.

He was Hispanic and handsome with a strong jawline, shaggy brown hair and golden brown eyes. His smooth tan skin was flawless and his cheek had a dimple when he smiled at her. It was obvious by his cocky, flirty attitude that Austin was right about him being a player. What was up with this school having so many ridiculously hot guys?