Chapter 3 - The Makeover

As promised, the next day her Mom took her to Peoria which was an hour and a half away so she could get a complete makeover at a really good salon. First though, she took her to the eye doctor for an exam to get contacts, so she could get rid of her black-rimmed glasses.

The doctor's assistant taught her how to put the contacts in and it felt so weird at first having something touch her eye, but she finally got the hang of it. They gave her temporary contacts so she could start wearing some right away while she waited for her one year supply to come in the mail.

Next, they went to the mall and shopped for a very long time, going into several stores because she needed a whole new wardrobe. Since she lost thirty pounds over the summer, her clothes were all too loose and baggy, so she was in desperate need of new ones.

Losing that extra weight and getting toned made such a difference in the way clothes fit her and she was surprised how good everything looked that she tried on. Usually she had to try on a million things to even find one that she felt comfortable in, things that would hide her belly pooch and thick arms. Now she didn't have to worry about covering anything up or hiding parts of herself she didn't like.

She found a cute short skirt that made her legs look unbelievably long, some dark blue high-waisted shorts that were shorter than what she'd usually wear but they looked great on her so she got them and some tight, cut-off tank tops that she never would have worn before she toned up her tummy and arms. She also got some cute summer dresses, a swimsuit and workout clothes.

They had found quite a few outfits that looked amazing on her and it felt good. Shopping had actually been really enjoyable for once. She usually avoided it like the plague, but now she thought it was exciting and she actually wanted to do it more often.

The last stop on their adventure was the beauty salon. She got a balayage treatment to give her brown hair a beautiful blonde tone throughout and a keratin treatment that would make her hair smoother and shinier for a few months. They also gave her a hair cut with layers that framed her face and gave her hair more bounce.

They plucked and shaped her eyebrows, straightened her hair and then applied some natural makeup that would be perfect for school. As they were doing it, they taught her how to do her hair and apply her makeup, step by step so she would be able to re-create the look herself at home.

When Jolie looked in the mirror after they were all done, she didn't even recognize herself. She stared at her reflection in disbelief. She looked like a model.

She stared at the mirror, trying to wrap her brain around the fact that the beautiful girl looking back was her. She smiled and her straight white teeth looked so nice since she had gotten her braces off over the summer. They matched her new look now. She was like a whole new person. She really wished her best friends Kerrigan and Molly were here to see this. She would have to send them pictures later and she knew they were going to absolutely freak out.