Chapter 8 - First Football Game

By the time they got back home it was already almost 4:45 so Jolie ran upstairs, taking the steps two at a time and frantically stripped her skirt and tank top off before pulling on her favorite pair of ripped jeans and a tight blue Nike t-shirt, since blue was the school's color.

Suddenly she realized she had forgotten to close the window blinds and she looked over to see if Austin was in his room. When she didn't see him she breathed a sigh of relief. That would have been so embarrassing if he had seen her change.

She pulled her hair up into a smooth high ponytail and painted a blue football on one cheek and RHS on the other before adding some sparkle glitter to her hair and cheeks.

She had looked up a video on TikTok to see how people dress for high school football games because she had never gone to one before and that's what they did.

At 5:00 her doorbell rang and she heard her Mom answer it as she was coming down the hallway.

"Hi Austin! It's good to see you again. Good luck at your game tonight. Your Mom says you're really good though, so I guess you don't need luck," she laughed.

"Thank you."

As Jolie came down the stairs, he looked up and smiled when he saw her.

Her Mom turned around and looked too. "Awww! Don't you look cute all decked out in Riverview Blue? Man, that brings back memories."

Austin smiled and said, "You look great."

"Let me get a picture of you two before you leave!" her Mom said, taking out her phone and they posed for a couple pictures together before heading out to his Jeep.

She got in and put on her seatbelt, before telling him, "I told my Mom about the website."

His eyes got wide and he looked shocked. "You did?"

"Yeah, why do you seem so surprised?" she laughed.

"I don't know. I just didn't think you would tell her."

"Well I did. I tell my Mom everything," she told him as he pulled away from the curb and headed down the road. "She was furious and dragged me down to the police station. We talked to the sheriff and told him the whole story and showed him the website, but he said there's nothing he can do about it."

"That's no surprise," he scoffed. "The cops in this town are a joke. They're useless," Austin grumbled, as he drove down the road towards the school. After meeting them, she would definitely agree.

He pulled up outside of the football stadium and parked.

"I have to go to the locker room to get changed and ready for the game. You can hang out in the bleachers until it starts," he said as they got out and he took his huge duffel bag out of the back of the Jeep, hoisting it onto his shoulder.

"Okay," she said, watching him walk away.

She found a seat in the empty bleachers and she was the only one there. She wondered how long she would have to wait. She took her phone out and looked up the school football schedule. It said the game would start at six and it was only 5:20. She groaned, putting her phone back in her pocket. Maybe riding here with Austin was a mistake.

She looked over and who would she see coming towards her, but none other than Blaze McDaniels and he had the nerve to sit down right next to her.

"What's up New York?" he asked, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. "Aren't you looking festive?" he laughed, looking at her outfit and makeup. "Go team!" he said sarcastically.

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Well you know what they say, When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

"I guess," he said, giving her a side eye before shaking his head with a smile.