Chapter 15 - New Roommate

Jolie's Mom Stacy looked back and forth between Blaze and Jolie and then over at her sister.

"I think it's a great idea," Sharon offered with a smile and a shrug.

Her Mom looked back at Jolie, before letting out an exhale and hesitantly saying, "Okay. I guess Blaze and his little brother can stay here."

Jolie squealed and lunged forward, squeezing her Mom into a tight hug and jumping up and down. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she said, before kissing her on the cheek and making her laugh.

"Thank you so much ma'am ..... I mean Miss. I mean, I don't know what you want me to call you," Blaze laughed with a smile.

"You can just call me Stacy."

"Okay, well thank you Stacy," he told her, holding his hand out and she shook it with a smile. "I really, really appreciate this. More than you could ever know."

She nodded and said, "I understand more than you think. I know exactly what it's like to have younger brothers and sisters to take care of. But there's one rule I want to be VERY clear on. If you're going to be living under the same roof as my daughter, she's off limits. I don't want you two fooling around behind my back. Friends only. Got it?" she asked him firmly, looking directly into his eyes.

"Yes ma'am," he nodded. "I mean Stacy. Friends only. Got it."

"Good," she smiled. "So when do you and your brother want to move in?"

"Well, I'd like to get him out of that house as soon as possible. When I'm not there to wail on, I'm afraid my Dad will start in on him and he's not strong enough to fight back like I am .....but it's up to you. This is your house."

Stacy smiled and said, "Well I'll go ahead and cook extra for dinner tonight if you want to run home and get your things together and pick up your brother now. If your Dad gives you any trouble about leaving, just let me know and I'll call the Sheriff. He's an old friend of mine."

"Umm. Yeah, the Sheriff and I go way back too," Blaze laughed awkwardly, looking over at Jolie with a hint of a smile. "I think it'll be fine though. My Dad's usually passed out drunk by now anyway. He probably won't even notice us leaving." Then he said, "I'll head out now and I'll be back in a bit."

After Blaze left and shut the front door behind him Jolie's Aunt Sharon laughed. "Yeah, I don't see that friends only rule sticking Stacy. That boy is the spitting image of his Daddy at that age and can you imagine if we had lived under the same roof as him as teenagers?"

Stacy smiled and shook her head. "No, but Jolie isn't like we were back when we were teenagers. She's never been boy crazy like that. She's got a good head on her shoulders and she's really focused on getting into a good college and becoming a lawyer like her Dad. She's too smart to let some boy derail that."

"I hate it when you two do that you know? You're talking about me like I'm not standing right here."

They both laughed and smiled at her.

"Why don't you run along upstairs and make up the beds in the spare bedrooms and make sure there are extra towels and toilet paper in the bathroom. We want them to feel at home here."

"Okay," Jolie told her before heading upstairs and getting to work. It didn't take long to make their rooms look nice and inviting. She couldn't help but worry that their Dad was going to give them trouble when he saw them trying to leave.

After she was done she went to her room, calling Molly and Kerrigan in a three way call.

"Jolie! We miss you!" Kerrigan pouted.