Call the Police (Pt. 1)

Sorry! I didn't mean to publish this! But here is the finished product!

Marinette POV

Hello! I bit my lip and willed my eyes to stop checking out every cute guy that I saw. But it proved a hard task to not let my thoughts wander as I walked down the street. Every handsome man had me batting my lashes and my heart beating in a rush. However, when I passed a particularly cute guy, I forgot to look away.

"Good morning." He winked, and I nearly passed out.

Thankfully, I gathered my composure enough to let out a small giggle and keep walking. However, I found myself thinking of him even as I entered my work building and started my day. His honey hair had looked so smooth, and his emerald eyes had shined in the sun light. This city sure was amazing, no matter how many days I passed away here.

The clothes designer I worked for was top of Paris. He was amazing—Mr. Agreste.

Even his own son was a model... not that I'd ever met him. I've only seen a couple pictures at that, because I knew I'd become obsessed if I truly looked into him. I shook my head and let out a small sigh of frustration. When will the day come that I finally meet the right guy?

"Girl? What is going on with you today?" I turned to my coworker Alya and laughed sheepishly.

"Surely it's nothing." I waved my hands, but she only folded hers.

"Surely?"

"Um I mean it is nothing." I turned to my computer, but she took this moment to invite herself into my workspace and sit down.

"You're not still thinking of that rotten, unprincipled, degenerate..."

"No." I frowned at the thought of who she meant.

"Good. You've wasted enough time on him." She looked at me seriously, and I glared at the wall under her obvious scrutiny. My face turned to surprise though, when her voice rose a couple octaves. "Now what do you say we go out tonight?"

I looked at her perplexed. "Thanks, but I think I'll pass tonight."

She frowned but didn't leave just yet. "You sure?" Her voice had gone quiet, and now she refused to look at me.

I let out a long sigh and slouched back in my chair. "He's gonna be there isn't he?"

She tried to hold back her smile but it was in vain. Within seconds it broke the surface, and her face flushed slightly. She then nodded, somewhat hesitantly. "Yes. So I'd really appreciate it if you would be there too!"

"Why?" I knew I was whining but I thought it was perfectly justified. If I went out tonight then that would be the sixth time in just two weeks. One look at her pout though, and I knew that I was going to say yes. "Why?" I said again, but in a defeated tone.

She must've known she already won, because she laughed and stood up. "It'll be fun I promise!"

"Oh really?" I mocked.

"Yup! Cause he's bringing his friend." She winked at me, but I felt my eye twitch in return.

"What?" I gripped my arm rests and nearly jumped out of my seat.

"What?" She asked as if she hadn't just done the exact thing I've been asking her not to.

"I don't want anyone right now. I'm still... mourning." I looked down, my cheeks suddenly feeling hot.

"Mourning? That's BS. He's not even dead!" She pinched the bridge of her nose and mumbled, "no matter how hard I wish he were."

"Still! I don't want to be matched up with another of your ideas of my 'perfect guy'." I put air quotes up around perfect guy, but she only flipped her hair and shook her head.