Soulmates

Adrien POV

There it was, written in bold on the back of my neck. "LADYBUG" I had woken up to it this morning, and I couldn't find it in me to feel anything except joy and slight disbelief. The women I love was my soulmate. I was only worried because I didn't know how she would react.

I knew everyone at school would be wondering about it since last night was my 17 birthday, so I decided to wear a scarf today.

There was, however, one person I would show. Her name was Marinette. And she was practically my best friend. I mean there was Nino and Alya but there was just something more with Marinette, and I have always felt that I could tell her anything, even this.

I purposely arrived at school early so I could tell Marinette before school started, but the closer I got there the more I felt sick. Something told me that she would be disappointed, that was when I realized that I did have more than just the feeling of joy. I was also disappointed. The realization made me close my eyes and think. I didn't realize that I had kind of wished my soulmate was Marinette.

I got mad at myself when I got jealous seeing Marinette with another guy, but how would I react in two days when she turns 17 and finds out who her soulmate is? Will I be able to handle seeing her with someone else. Seeing her turn to another guy with her problems, or fall asleep at night knowing I can never hold her in my arms again for any reason other than a hug, if that.

I sighed. This wasn't going to be as easy as I thought. I suddenly started to dread going to school today, no that wasn't it, I dreaded seeing Marinette. Seeing her smile when she asked who my soulmate is, then seeing her smile turn fake and her eyes drop when I don't say her name.

But what am I thinking. Ladybug is my love bug my bugaboo, I shouldn't be sad that she's my soulmate. I love her. I couldn't even convince myself of that lie anymore. Because the truth is that I'm in love with Marinette. I actually have been for awhile now.

I could never bring myself to tell her though. It killed me to be so close to her and yet so far. Too bad I missed my chance. There's no way I could have a relationship with her now that I know who my soulmate is. If only it was Marinette.

Marinette POV

Today was Adrien's 17 birthday! I wonder who his soulmate is. He told me I'd be the first to know. That was both exciting but also saddening. I mean what if it isn't me. What if I have to watch anther girl hang on his arm and kiss him.

Ugh just two more days Marinette! That's all! Then you can find your soulmate and move on from Adrien Agreste.

But for right now I don't think I can take the news of who his soulmate is. And now I'm suddenly feeling very sick. At least I might have another day until I have to face Adrien.

"H-hey mom! " I called then felt my knees weaken.

"Yes Marine-" Sabine took in a big breath when I thumped to the ground, "honey!" She called then everything went black.

When I opened my eyes there was a bright light, I shut them again. I was in a hospital bed. I looked around and the nurse looked at me and smiled.

"Glad to see you up again, after all we wouldn't want your soulmate to be alone. I hope you don't mind that I saw the name on the back of your neck, I just couldn't help myself." Her eyes lit up and she beamed at me. I licked my lips hastily.