Jealousy Looks Good On You

Adrien POV

"Okay class today we have a new student."

I looked up to see a blond American wave at us shyly. Alright, senior year wouldn't be a school year without new students. 

"He's from the western United States and just recently moved to Paris."

"The US huh?" I heard Nino murmur beside me. I cast him a glance.

"I wonder which state. I've been to almost all of them for modeling when I was younger." I whispered back excitedly.

"Go ahead and tell the class your name." Ms Bustier encouraged but her comment fell on deaf ears. I turned to see what this boy was so fixated on and found him staring at Marinette.

Weird feelings ran straight to my heart at the sight of her blush. She was staring back at him all the same and I found myself begging to do anything for her to just look away.

Luckily I wasn't forced through any awkward situation when Ms Bustier cleared her throat.

The new boy blushed a deep red and looked down. "Sorry," he chuckled slightly and the class laughed with him. Most of them had probably noticed his line of sight also, right?

I turned back around to look at Marinette only to find her still staring at him. A frown crossed my face and I slouched in my seat, staring at the boy and waiting for his name.

"Your name. . ." The teacher prodded once more.

"Yes, my name is Jacob Berd." The teacher smiled at that and gestured with her hand to his seat.

"You can sit next to Nathaniel in the back." He nodded in appreciation and started for the back.

I watched him all the way and when he passed Marientte he smiled at her. She blushed and looked away.

I huffed and rolled my eyes. Was she really falling for that? I looked at Nino to see him giving me a concerned look.

"You okay bro?" His furrowed eyebrows showed his true concern so I smiled to erase his suspicions.

"All cool. I'd really like to get to know Jacob though." He still seemed uneasy at my tone but didn't question further as the teacher started the class.

~~~~

At lunch I quickly made my way to Jacob pushing through the people already standing by him.

"You should come sit by us." I gave an easy smile but he turned to look at the people around us who I'm sure had already offered him a seat.

But with one look toward my lunch table he seemed convinced. "Alright. Thank you for the invites, maybe tomorrow." He said to the people around them but they didn't seem all that disappointed as they dispersed.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name?" He asked and I had half a mind to retort with something like 'probably because I didn't throw it', but he looked at me again with that shy look to his face and I softened slightly remembering then what it was like to be new.

"Uh, it's Adrien. Adrien Agreste." He smiled at that but then leaned in closer with a new found confidence.

"And what's the beautiful girl's name that sat behind you in first period?"

"Marientte?"

"Fits her. Don't you think?" He leaned away as we came upon them but I didn't notice mostly because my body was still reacting to him calling her beautiful.