A Declaration on Vacation

Chat POV

It was the night of our first success, and ladybug sat beside me on the Eiffel Tower. It was the place I had fallen in love with her, but she didn't seem to have a clue.

"You were amazing today." I said cooly, hesitant to look at her.

"Stop saying that. It was just thanks to the miraculous. Besides," she glanced at me and smiled, "I couldn't have done it without you."

We grinned at each other in comfortable silence. But not even the quiet could distract me from her.

It might've been the way her eyes lit up at the scenery, or maybe the way her breaths moved her chest in a lovely pattern, but something urged me to lean forward.

"My name is Adrien Agreste." I whispered into her ear. Her breathes halted altogether, and her head whipped to meet my eyes.

"We-we weren't supposed to tell each other!" She complained, her face bright red.

I shrugged, "well, now you have to tell me who you are."

She shook her head, suddenly shy. She went to stand up, but I grabbed her hand lightly before she could leave.

"I'm sorry," I scratched my nape and smiled roguishly, "now if I guess it, will you tell me?"

She contemplated the repercussions, and seemed to take her time. Then she turned back to me and nodded slowly.

"Let's start with some yes or no questions." I said, rubbing my hands together. She looked ready to intervene, so I pressed a finger to her lips, and she quieted immediately.

"Do you know me as Adrien?"

One nod, then a slow, "yes."

"Okay, do we go to the same school?" Another nod. "Are we in the same class?"

"I don't, I don't think we should play this anymore—" she stood up before I could stop her.

"Wait!" I jumped up, and grabbed her arm, worried she would leave me in the dark on the subject. "Milady. I just really want to know."

"Why?" She snapped, surprising both of us in the process. "Sorry. Didn't your Kwami explain?"

"Yes, yes." I rolled my eyes as I thought about the first exchange I'd had with Plagg.  When I turned back to her, I was grinning. "Ladybug, I don't know who you are, but I think it would help if we're friends on and off duty."

"Friends?" She looked down as she said the word softly.

"Yes. Great friends." I stepped closer and grabbed her hands.

"I don't know if you'll want to be."

"What could be so wrong with you?" I laughed. She simply looked away. I tilted her chin in my direction. "Why are you suddenly so shy?"

"Well... it's because I know you, and I—" she looked into my eyes slowly. "Never mind."

"Wait," I cocked my head and squinted my eyes. "Do you... like me?"

"Well you are a model."

Oh. Oh of course. She was just a fan. Still, that means I have a chance.

"I think I know who you are." I stated slowly. She glanced at me then gulped.

"Shy. Pigtails. Cute. Passionate. In my class... Marinette?"

"You think I'm cute?" She asked quietly, her eyes bigger than the moon.

"I think you're beautiful!" I countered, throwing my arms around her in a hug. "I'm glad I cleared that misunderstanding with you before I exposed myself." I laughed awkwardly.