Princess Marinette Part 3

Adrien POV

It was hard to walk around clueless after seeing Marinette. Chat noir could kiss her whenever he wanted, could literally walk right up to her, pull her in by the waist, and take his time to make her need him—I could not.

I leaned against the wall of the hallway I was in and willed my heart rate to slow. I'd only just left her and, unsurprisingly, rather wished I had not.

I caught my breath and sighed. I knew my face was red, and I was glad to be out of that black outfit that kept all the heat in. I rubbed my face with my hands and ran them up into my hair. Why did I say that?

I pushed off the wall when I heard footsteps but froze abruptly when I saw the culprit. My face reddened at the sight of her but I remembered to bow respectfully.

When I looked up my face fell. Her face was rather uninterested, a slight frown tugging at her lips as she curtsied in return. Right. I'm Adrien. If I didn't tell her soon then I'm sure she'll end up finding out from me slipping up.

"Princess."

"Prince." The word rolled off her tongue and yet sounded so cold.

"Where might you be off to?" I asked politely, stepping into pace beside her as she moved past me.

"To my father. He has requested to see me." She said, her gaze straight forward and serious.

"Wait." I tugged on her arm slightly and she looked back at me surprised. The memory of her doing the exact same only minutes before snagged in my mind.

Her expression turned to one of expectancy and I sighed. I let go of her and shook my head. "Never mind."

She stared at me for a second more then was off quickly. She didn't look back.

Marinette POV

I walked down the halls quietly. I didn't want to run into anyone else. My father had called for me right after Chat left. I was relieved Alya hadn't walked in on us, for she would have if she had been just three seconds faster.

When I finally reached his door he let me in and I took a deep breath.

"Yes father?" I bowed, but I immediately looked up when he let out a loud laugh.

"My dear! I've had a wonderful idea!" He seemed proud, so when I grimaced I tried to hide it. My mother stood to his right and swiftly hit him in the arm.

He furrowed his brows but smiled all the same. "Alright, alright, you're mother and I had an idea."

I shook my head and laughed slightly. It couldn't be that bad if they were both involved. My mother doesn't deal with foreign affaires.

"We're throwing a ball." My mother said excitedly. I nearly chocked on the air in my surprise.

"Whatever for?" I asked frantically. I hated balls. Especially now that I'd be engaged.

"For Adrien to propose to you at." My mother stated, a slight edge to her tone. It was final then. I didn't have any say.

"As you wish. May I leave?" I stood up and my dad frowned.

"You are not pleased?" He asked softly.

"Of course she's pleased. It is one step closer to her being married." Sabine patted my father's shoulder.

"Alright, you can leave." He gestured halfheartedly at the door, and within a second, I was gone.

It wasn't long until everyone had heard about the plans for a ball. Even Adrien seemed excited—but I wasn't. How could I be? If I truly got engaged then everything with Chat would be over.