Call the Police (Pt. 3)

This is extremely long, but since it's taken me so long to update, I figured it was quite fitting.

**Let me know if you want a part 4 in the end... please.**

Adrian POV

It's been over a week... a week of pure torture.

I try not to think about it, as I make my way back to my car. I had just given a guy a ticket, which could've been very simple, and yet, he had gotten mad and nearly tripled the price.

I rubbed my temples and started the engine. I sat in the silence for seemingly too long, and my thoughts began to churn once again. I must've really scared her off.

There's simply been no trace of her. I never see her or even hear from her. The worst part is, she never said anything about time, she just simply stopped talking to me. So in my mind, she's never coming back.

This was the first week of the rest of my life; and this hole is only going to get bigger with time.

I sighed and pulled onto the road. Then my phone buzzed.

Trying to look inconspicuous, I turned my phone in my direction, to see who the text was from.

HER was the word spelled out across the top.

It took me a second to recognize what that meant. I had always been careful with my contacts, because I had rather nosy coworkers, and always created a sort of nickname when I first met them. Marinette was the only girl that fit her. Mostly because she was her, she was the girl that my every thought and effort went to.

I tsked and flipped my phone over, ignoring it promptly. I allowed my pride and pettiness to take control.

She had made me wait; so I could make her wait.

It was only about 15 minutes later, when I finally got home. I remembered hesitantly, and grabbed out my phone. I took a breath and pressed on her text.

With one glance, I cursed and grabbed my keys.

I smacked my wheel, as I drove. Cursing my pride. All I had to do was check the text.

I sped up, my cop car acting as a great cover—something I had never abused before.

When I finally pulled into the hospital, I parked the car, cursing that it took more than 10 minutes to find a spot.

Then I was through the doors and practically running for the nurses counter.

"I'm looking for the room of—"

"Adrien!"

I turned around to see Marinette running towards me. I quickly met her halfway, immediately wrapping her up in a hug.

"Are you okay? Is he alright? How are you feeling? Look at me." I started, pulling out of the hug slightly to cup her face in my hands.

I wiped her tears away with my thumbs, and pressed her face back into my chest at the first sight of more.

"He's in surgery." She muttered, almost incoherently.