Invisible for a day

Marinette POV

How did this happen?

I looked around at my hands but all I saw was the ground. I was nowhere to be seen.

"Tiki!" I cried as I stood up from my desk.

"Marinette where are you?" She asked worriedly. "What did you do?"

"I don't know Tiki! Ah! I'm over here." I grabbed her arm and lead her next to my face. "Do you see me now?"

"No. What was that explosion?"

"I don't know! But whatever it was I'm now invisible." I looked at myself again but still I didn't wake up from this terrible nightmare. "Do you think it was an akuma?"

"Marinette you created that explosion." She gave me a dumb look and I wanted to rip my hair out.

"Not helping." She shrugged and peered closer at me.

"What are you going to do?"

"I guess there's only one thing I can do." I stated with my own shrug. "I can't miss school."

"You'll still be counted as missing though."

"But at least I will know what's going on. And also," I let a sigh escape my lips as his face took over my mind, "this way I can stare at Adrien without him noticing."

"Your weird Marinette." Tiki giggled but I only fell back against my chair.

"We also have to look for a cure."

"Maybe it'll wear off."

"There's no way to be sure."

"Well if you still want to make it to school you better leave now."

I gasped when I saw the time and had already scooped Tiki into my purse by the time I was out the door.

The school bell rang and I saw Alya sigh.

"That girl is late again?" She checked her phone and I watched as she sent me a message.

My phone buzzed in my pocket but luckily I already had it on silent. I let out a breath of relief as I sat down next to her.

"Hey Alya!" Nino cheered as he looked behind at her. Adrien turned too and looked straight at me. Stupidly I forgot that he couldn't see me until he turned to Alya.

"Is marinette not here today?" He looked at the door seemingly waiting for me to burst through.

"I don't actually know. She's probably just late again."

"Good morning class!" Ms Bustier exclaimed. The class seemed alive all day and I felt bad for not being noticed. I can't believe that no one knows I'm even here!

Alya POV

"Hey Alya." I heard Marientte say cautiously.

"You got some explaining to do girl, I—" I stopped short when I turned around from my locker and saw no one there. My face burned as people walked by.

Rolling my eyes at myself I shut my locker and headed to find Nino, that is until I was unceremoniously pulled into the girl's bathroom.

"What—?" I looked down to see whose hand was gripping my arm but no one was there. "Ghost!" I started excitedly but the sigh I heard was none other than the breath of my friend. Her voice was too familiar and I almost started crying.

"Alya stop yelling!" She whispered.

"Marientte you're a ghost! Who killed you? I promise to avenge you!" I cried before I heard her hiss.