Chapter 20

"Your highness the King requires your presence in the library" a maid explained as I watered my flowers in George and I'd room.
"Thank you Maggie" I said with a smile walking to the library. I soon found George sitting on the sofa in front of the fire, a cup of tea in his hand. I walked up behind him massaging his shoulders.
"Stressed my love?" I inquire.
"Very" he sighed, "will you read to me?"
I giggled sitting in his lap as I grabbed Cecilia off the shelf. He stroked my hair as I read to him. After awhile he grabbed the book out of my hands and set it on the table.
"How about we see a play tomorrow night?" George suggested.
"What play?"
"Shakespeares Much Ado About Nothing." He replied twirling my hair in his fingers.
"Sounds lovely but for now I would like dinner and a hot bath" I say swiping his crown off his head and putting it on my own.
He chuckles and cups my face kissing me gently.
"As you wish" George whispered picking me up. He carried me to the dining room.
We talked for awhile before Samuel entered the room.
"Y/N, you received a letter from your friend John Laurens. It's in your study."
"Thank you Sam, I'll get to it later."
"Sam have Maggie draw a bath for Y/N please"
"Of course" he then left smiling all the same.
"Anything else darling?"
"What more could I possibly want?"
As the words left my mouth George for the look on his face, he wanted to speak his mind but something was stopping him.
"....George is everything alright."
Suddenly his face got red and he studied his roast chicken and potatoes as if Sam would quiz him on the details later on.
"George my dear please, what is it."
He paused looking at me when he smiled glancing back down again.
He then mumbled something almost incoherent.

"What about children?"