Chapter 18

I woke up early on the day of the wedding. I looked over at George who was holding me tightly. I quietly crept out of bed and left him a note. Then I walked down to the servant quarters. A dark skinned maid greeted me happily. 
"Good morning your majesty," she spoke shyly. She couldn't have been more than twelve. I smiled at her. 
"Please call me Y/N, what's your name?" 
"Lucy ma'am- I mean umm Y/N" Lucy spoke slowly. I smiled and got down on a knee. 
"Well Lucy, would you like to help me get ready for my wedding?" she nodded. Lucy helped me into my dress and did my hair. It was still pretty short from the war but she made it work. My face was powdered just a little and a flower crown was placed on my head. She even helped me learn to walk in heels again. By the end we were giggling and laughing. Soon there was a knock on the dressing room door. 
"Y/N are you in there?" I heard John say. Lucy looked at me curiously. 
"Come in John" I said excitedly. 
John walked and I jumped into his arms. He smiled and hugged me tightly. 
"I missed you Y/N" he whispered. I teared up.
"I missed you too" I whispered back.
"Shit don't cry you'll ruin your make up" he giggled crying as well. 
"I'm sorry" I giggle back. 
After our embrace he wiped my eyes. I look at the door way and see Lafayette and Alexander....but no Hercules. Laf looks at me shocked. 
"Mademoiselle, you look extraordinary." He said clearing his throat. 
"Merci Monsieur" I said with a bow. He chuckled embracing me. 
"You're a hero Y/N" Alexander said happily.  I sighed looking at them.
"And a traitor, I'm marrying the enemy and I'm happy about it."
"Tell Ms. Mulligain why should that matter?" A voice said from the door way. Washington was standing there in his best suit.