Chapter 17

I was wandering the palace, it was the day before the wedding. I come upon a room where I saw George fencing with a member of the guard. I chuckle and walk in. He excuses the guard and I pick up a sword.
"I didn't know you had a liking for fencing."
"One must always be prepared, mrs.Fredrick."
I smirk picking up my dress and holding out my sword. George smirked as we started to spar. I backed him into a corner but he tripped me. I summer salted back on me feet just as he charged me. A few minutes passed when he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest. I went to pin him but he blocked my sword with his. I finally kicked him off his feet and held my sword to his throat.
"You have been bested your highness."
Chuckling he takes the sword from my hands and stands up. George then kisses me gently. I smile kissing back.
"Tomorrow we wed my darling."
"Well what do we have here, a newly turned traitor" someone says from the doorway. We both turn to see my brother and his friends. He looked pissed.
"Hercules, I didn't think you we're coming" I say nervously.
"I didn't think you were this stupid" Lafayette says. George starts to get anger.
"Don't speak to her that way" he growls. My brother roles his eyes.
"I'll call the servants to escort you to your rooms" I say quietly. Everyone seems pissed except for John. They left to their separate rooms and I was left with George.
"Come my love, let us go relax." He picks me up and takes us to our chambers. We cuddled together on the couch in front of the fireplace. He smiled as I kissed his cheek.
"I love you" I whispered.