Chapter 15

King George's POV 

I sat awake at my desk writing a note for Y/N that I would be absent when she awoke. I had to get the word out to her family that they were welcome to the wedding. The war had ended yesterday so I was sending Y/N's letters to her family and friends. I needed to be sure they got them as soon as possible. I looked back at Y/N, she was sleeping peacefully. Moonlight falling on her face and a light breeze flowing through her hair. She was smiling. I blushed looking at her figure. I sighed as I slowly got back into bed beside her. I held her in my arms and kissed her forehead as I fell asleep.

Your POV

I sat in the garden, where George said he would be after his meeting. Sam and I were talking of different things and such. 
"So you have a brother?" I asked curious.
"Ah, well yes, though he isn't a loyalist like myself so he resents me" Sam said sadly. I sighed and nodded.
"I'm sure my brother will resent me as well once he figures out who I'm marrying."
"You stopped a war, the colonies are free, he has no reason to be upset at you." I smiled at him.
"Thank you for being my friend Sam" he looks at me surprised and hugs me happily. After awhile of talking George comes out into the garden in commoner clothing.  I walked up to him and he embraced me. 
"Come my darling, we are going in to town." He says taking my hand. I giggle and wave goodbye to Sam. We walked in to town and to the market. He let me buy whatever I wanted and held my hand the whole way. George then took me into a smithing co to pick out a ring. We picked out a beautiful silver Opel ring. We then walked to a park where he pushed me on the swings. As we walked home I saw him blushing and smiling. 
"Darling?" I said.
"Yes my love?"
".....I'm not sure how to put this but, I think I'm falling in love with you. Do you feel the same way?"

His eyes widen and he smiled so big I thought his face was going to break. Then tears of joy started pouring down his face.

"Y/N, you are so fun and inspirational and kind. I always thought I was a bad person but now I know it's true. You're so beautiful and have a good heart, I wish I was more like you. I adore you and you make me feel like I can be better than the monster inside me," I stood there in shock before kissing him lightly crying as well.