Chapter 13

The war finally ended a week later. I had spent every moment trying to understand the King. I wanted to be at least a little happy in my relationship. He seemed to grow more kind with each passing day. Today we had arranged to go horse back riding. We had started acting like good friends. I got on a simple dress and some boots and got to the stables. George was there waiting for me.
"Ah if it isn't my lovely fiancé" he says kissing my hand. I chucking smiling.
"Don't push your luck George" I say with a smile as I take out a beautiful white mare.
George follows suit taking his personal black male horse. We road off into the woods. We finally reached a small stream and got off to take a break.
"So Y/N I was wondering, have you ever been married before this?"
"Oh umm....no, I know that's uncommon but i never had the time. I was always working so my brother could live a comfortable life."
He smiled and picked up a frog. After he set it down I smirk and splashed water on him. He smirked at me and picked up a handful of mud.
"Miss Mulligan you are playing a dangerous game.~"
We threw mud at each other laughing before we just collapsed on the ground mud on our faces.
"You're not what I expected" I say turning to him. He scooted closer to me and caressed my cheek.
"Don't judge a book by its cover young lady" I blush and put my hand on his.
"Alright we should get back, I'm hungry and I need a bath."
He picks me up and I gasp. I get on my horse and we travel back to the castle.
After my bath and dinner I walk to George's office with some tea.
"George?"
"Yes darl- Y/N?" He blushes catching himself. I smile and kissed his cheek setting his tea on his desk.
"Good night."
I walked to his room in my nightgown and fall asleep.