Chapter 2

Weeks later I heard my cell door open. The soldiers kept me in a cell on the boat but kept me well feed. They escorted me to the palace into the throne room. Upon the throne sat a man with crystal blue eyes, a very pale complexion, and wavy blond hair. I hung my head low as I was forced onto my knees. "Your majesty this is the seamstress Y/N Mulligan" footsteps approached me as the guards were dismissed. "My my my, I didn't expect you to be so....unusually attractive" he gently lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger. I look at him sadly sighing. He frowns and glares at me "no gratitude for my hospitality? Normally anyone related to an American soldier would be tortured and left in the dungeon to rot." I look at him trembling "t-thank you y-your majesty." He smiled and helped me to my feet. "Come now, I'll show you to your room and send for your uniform." "Y-Yes your majesty" he led me to a large fitting room with a work room connected to it. "This is where you will be working, you shall be making me suits and dresses for some of my staff. You may even have the opportunity to make clothes for me." I nod and look around. He smiled grabbing my wrist "now I'll show you to your room." I gulped feeling his firm grip most likely leaving a bruise. "Umm y-your eminence aren't there plenty of young ladies in Britain that you could force to do this job?" I instantly covered my mouth as he glared at me. "For your information I choose you to teach your brother and his friends a lesson. My dear Samuel was bullied for doing his job! YOUR BROTHER AND HIS FRIENDS THREW HIM TO THE GROUND AND TOOK ALL THE SELF ESTEEM HE HAD LEFT!" George yelled in my face. I flinched and shook in terror. He dragged me to a small room and threw me in. "You start tomorrow, if your work doesn't meet my standards you will be sent to the guillotine. Don't worry, I'll be sure to send your head back to your brother."  He smirked at me and chuckled a little. He slammed the door and locked it. I sat on the bed and started to cry.