Chapter 9

"Let's get this over with" John muttered walking into the tent where Burgoyne was held. I took one look at him and gasped. This man, this General, was the one who transported me to Britian. He looked up and squinted "....do I know you?" I growl sweating as I kick his stomach. "Quiet British Scum" I yell. His eyes widen and he coughs. "Now I don't care how long it takes you will pay for what you've done! But we may allow you to live if you tell us everything you know." He stares at me a little longer before John slaps his face. "Hey the lllllllllllad is talkin to you" John said catching himself before he could say lady. But unfortunately it clicks to the General ".....little seamstress, well I'll be damed the kings crazy idea worked after all. Tell me how did you manage to escape? I'm guessing that stupid maid helped you huh?" I growled and punched him over and over before John pulls me back. "YOU WILL NOT INSULT HER" I scream. "Well well well the little seamstress is feisty huh?" John and I hear a gasp behind us. We turn around and see Lafayette. He gave me a worried expression as he trembled. "Se-....Seamstress...JD what is he talking about?" Burgoyne chuckles "I hate to break it to you General, but your Lietenant is a woman we've been trying to track down for some time." Lafayette's eyes widened as I looked at him. John steps in front of me and glares at him. "You're not going to tell anyone especially Hercules and the General." Laf drags us both outside. "Why? WHY WOULD I HIDE THIS FROM HIM?" Lafayette yells grabbing the collar of my shirt. "BECAUSE THEN SHE'LL BE FOUND OUT AND TAKEN BACK TO BRITAIN" screams John. Lafayette sighs then drags me to his tent and sits me down. He looks at me with worried eyes. "I need to tell Hercules, please I'll convince him to keep quiet but we need to tell him. You can't imagine how he's felt." I look down "ok."