Chapter 16

!*~Hercules POV~*!

I sat at the bar getting drunk once more. John had returned a week ago and the war had ended, the general was awaiting to discuss the terms of peace and surrender with the king. Today I received a letter from a Mr. George William Fredrick III. It stated that my sister was to marry him in three days, thus creating an alliance with America. I am welcome to come to the wedding and so is all of my friends. Depressed I took another swig of Sam Addams as Alexander sat beside me. 
"Come on man, if we go to the wedding we'll get to see her. I know you're angry with her but she was just trying to keep you safe. She literally ended a war, you at the very least should be proud of her."
"You don't get Alex, she has to stay and become a queen. I can't imagine what's she's going through right now."
Alex sighed and leaned his head on my should. 
"Mes amis, zhe war iz over and yeet you sit 'ere like people are still losing their lives!" Lafayette said cheerfully. He had gone home to France only for a few days so he hadn't heard the news.
"Laf, Y/N getting married" I spoke slowly. His eyes darkened thinking she was already home.
"An arranged marriage? To whom?"
"King George of England, it's what ended the war." His eyes grew sorrowful. I say John behind him holding back tears. 
"This is my fault, if I had told someone she wouldn't be there."
"John don't blame yourself, you didn't know."
John ran out sobbing into his hands as Alex ran to comfort him. 
"What 'ill you do?"
Taking a deep breath and looking at the wedding invitation I sigh.
"Tell the boys to pack their stuff and notify the general. Let's go visit my sister."