Landslide

Johns POV:

"Mom!" I say into my phone

"Oh hi John!"

"Just checking up, how's my baby?"

"Great. She's with her uncles right now in the other room."

"Great, well I'll be calling later tonight and Katy and I should be back tomorrow at around three, okay?"

"Okay have a great time honey. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hang up the phone and walk in and see Katy sitting at the table looking stressed out .

"What's wrong babe?" I ask

"Ah it's just they want me to start working again but I don't know if I'm ready."

"What!? You just had a baby a month ago and they already want you to go back to singing? That is bogus! " I say angrily

"I know! But they even want me to be touring next year .... I just want to take a break from music , I don't want to stop singing but I want to wait until Marlo is at least six months."

"You do what you feel is right. I love you." I say kissing her forehead

"I love you too."

"Did you get those tickets?" I ask

"Just got them!" Katy says shutting her laptop

"Okay so we have a few hours to kill what should we do?"

"Christmas shopping?" Katy asks

"Sounds great, I'll take a shower ."

Katy and I take our showers and take off to go Christmas shopping for Marlo and other family members. We head to toys R us and we pick up a few toys for Marlo and Stella! Stella is Katy's sisters baby and she is so adorable! She loves her cousin and they get to grow up together.

"Alright time to checkout !" I say

We get to the checkout and our total is $234.34 I get out my debit card and Katy just looks at me and smiles and wraps her arms around me from behind.

"Beauty of being a parent." She whispers in my ear

"It's not that much money!" I say

"On just toys that's to much money!"

Katy and I walk to the car and put everything away

"We should take these back to the hotel room ." I say to Katy

"Okay!"

I drive back to the room and we decide to just leave the toys in the car because it's no use in taking all the toys down and then putting them back in the car tomorrow , Katy and I walk up to the room I check the time and it's about 2:00 PM .

"We have a few hours to spare!"

"I'm tired! Babies are exhausting oh but I do miss her."

"You should take a nap Hun. And I miss her too ."

"Take one with me! Pleaaaaasee!" Katy begs

I look at her and she gives me one of her cheesy smiles and I can't tell her no! She's to cute! I swear.

"Now how can I tell you no when you smile at me like that ?" I smirk

"Get over here!"

I get into the bed and Katy does the same we both smile at each other and she wraps her arms around my chest and rests her head on me .

"So... You know I am going to have to go back to work one day.. I am Katy Perry !" Katy says

"I know, I just don't think right now is a good time. Your a mother now."

"Yeah, I just hope when the time does come everyone will be understanding of my situation ."

"They will, and if they're not, I'll make them understand ."

"When are you going back to work?" Katy asks

"Well hopefully I can start working from home at first just start writing songs and such."

"That's a good idea. And I was also thinking when are we going to make a public appearance with Marlo?"

"Hopefully not anytime soon I don't want those stupid fucking paps flashing cameras in her face ."

"Yeah me either but it's going to happen eventually ."

"The first time we are taking her out is probably when we go to New York in a few weeks."

"Oh okay. "

"I just want her to have a normal life ..."

"I know I do too."

Katy closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep I smile at her beauty but I am
also kind of upset with Katy... She is already thinking about work and she just had the baby, Katy is extremely driven to do work but she needs to take a break for a while. Hopefully she gets her common sense back soon.

*2 hours later *

Katy and I find our seats, front row at the concert and I can tell Katy is very excited! I am too! I love Stevie Nicks! She is amazing and I love her music! Towards the end of the concert she looks out to the crowd and pointed towards us.

"Well I see two very important people in the crowd tonight and possibly my favorite couple ever! Mr. John Mayer and Ms. Katy Perry! Now this next song is Landslide and I dedicate it to you guys!"

Katy is standing there in awe and so am I, I just grab Katy in my arms and kiss her soft lips. I love her so damn much.