Face to Call Home

"Well I guess that was kind of fun."

I say as John and I climb into his truck.

"Yes I suppose so, but it's going to be nice to get back to the house."

"Oh yes ! I'm going in and taking a long nap I'm exhausted ! "

"That air mattress was uncomfortable ."

I stare out the window as I see the beautiful green trees turn into small houses and little shops I can tell we are back into town and soon John pulls up to his house we both get out and I go straight to the room and flop onto the bed, John does the same as he intertwined his fingers with mine. I give him a slight smile

"You know we are going to have to tell people about the baby sometime" I say

"I know it's just the internet is such a cruel and judge mental place.... Soon they will be coming up with stories

about how I left you to raise the baby on your own or how the baby isn't mine."

"I know but that's what they do. "

I close my eyes and just run my hands through johns hair

"Everything will be fine. " I whisper

"As long as we are together it will be." John mumbles to me.

"Yes."

"Maybe we should go to sleep."

John falls asleep but I can't I keep thinking of random things and my thoughts overcome me, I start to question everything like Johns loyalty to me and this baby. I try to shake that thought out of my head but I can't ..... We are just going to have to talk this over when we get a chance and just clear the air a bit.

Once John gets up I look over and give him my "I need to talk to you" face and he frowns a bit.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"Well I need to know something before the baby comes, you can't get mad at me asking though."

"Okay."

"Are you going to be unfaithful......?"

"Katy... Why would you ask me that? "

"I was just having doubts and I needed to hear from you."

"Of course I'm going to be faithful, you should never have to ask me that."

"I know, my insecurities got the best of me."

"What insecurities?"

"Well I'm pregnant and you can have any girl you want and you probably don't want to be around a gross, fat, and ugly girl all day when you can go with someone way better looking..... Like Veronica."

"First of all Veronica is NOT better looking, second you are the one I want to be with, you are going to be the mother of my child if that doesn't say a lot then I don't know what does."

"I just had to make sure" I whisper

"And you and the baby are always going to be my first priority in life."

"What about music?"

"It will come second."

"I just thought that maybe you would want to go out and tour and see the world again."

"Katy my darling you are my world."

"Do you really mean that?"

"Of course!!!"

John gives me a slight smile and says

"Without you I'm nothing, I don't know how I went all those years without knowing you. I can't even imagine a world you without my dear."

"Why are you being so sweet john ? I don't deserve if after what I did to you last night."

"Because I love you that's why."

"And I love you."

"And the baby! I love my baby even though I haven't met them yet."

"Should we discuss names?"

"Well for a boy I like Zachary .... "

"I like that! And for a girl ?"

"So many girl names to choose from! Natalie, Analee, Haylee, Aaliyah, Maya, ect.."

"Well I guess if it's a girl we will decide on a name at the hospital."

"Yes we will, our poor baby is going to be nameless for a few minutes!"

We both laugh and I rest my head on Johns chest and he strokes my face with his hand I smile at him and he makes a funny face in return.