Chapter 10 ~ El Yunque (the hotel version)

CHAPTER 10 ~ EL YUNQUE ( the hotel version)  

'Okay, Alexis. Do you have everything?' Zeb asked.  

'Yes.'  

'Shasta?'  

'Yep.'  

'Namir?'  

'You bet!'  

We were standing at the last security checkpoint in the airport. We all took off our shoes and placed them in the boxes with our bags. We passed through the portal, grabbed our bags and walked for our gate. There were about 20 seats taken. We took a seat and waited.  

'Zeb,' I asked. 'Where are we going?'  

He smiled smugly. 'Not telling ya.'  

And we had to do with that for the rest of the flight.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  

When the plane touched the ground again, we ran out, curious about where we landed. There t was in really BIG letters.  

SAN JUAN INTERNATIONAL AIPORT  

'What the..' we all three said.  

Silence.  

'Wait.' I got a faint feeling I knew the name.  

'No, go.' Zeb urged us, pushing us to the baggage pick-up. He grabbed a trolley and placed our bags on it. Then we walked outside.  

'Know it yet?' he asked us. 'Taxi,' he called. A car stopped in front of him and we got in after the driver had placed our bags in the trunk.  

'El Yunque Hotel.' he told the driver.  

'I know it!' Alexis shouted. 'We're in Puerto Rico. The rainforest on Puerto Rico is named El Yunque.'  

Zeb nodded. 'Good guess. It did take you guys a while though.'  

And we rode in sience for the rest of the trip. The guide did point to the most popular monuments and attractions and told us some interesting stuff about them.  

When we finally stopped at the lobby of El Yunque Hotel, we were sweating. I felt like there was a river flowing down my back. Weird feeling, I can tell you that.  

'Does anyone else feel like they just went swimming?' I asked the others.  

We all laughed and entered the lobby. We checked in and went to our rooms. Alexis and mine had a sea-view and it was on the ground, so just a few steps away from the sea! I checked the clock. 5.00 PM already. I was getting hungry. I looked at Alexis and immediately knew that she was hungry too.  

She was biting her nails. She only did that when she was either really hungry or really scared. Since there was no dabger right now, the first option was most likely the right one. I pointed at the door with my hand, telling her I'm hungry too, though she probably already knew that.  

I put my hand on the doorknob. At the same time the door flew open and hit me on my head.  

'OW!' I yelled. ' You freaking *%#!@^$% :(!'  

When I felt carefully on my head with my hand, I felt it was wet. When I retreated my fingers they were red. Dang, I was bleeding! Whoever did this, was DEAD.  

Of course, Shasta did it. When I turned around, he was staring at my head. I closed in on him and jumped on him while closing my hands around his throat. I crushed my hands together and held on when Alexis tried to pull me off.  

'Namir!' Shasta yelled. 'What are you doing?'  

'I'm giving you payback for slicing my head open.' I growled mad.