Compiled Stories 20

Orient Square Building
Shared by woofers

A couple of years ago, my friend Jayjay V got back from a business trip to Singapore, late at night on a weekend. Instead of going home, she went from the airport straight to our office on the 7th floor of Orient Square building in Ortigas to check her mail and file some reports so she could take the next day off. She walked through the darkened office to her desk. After turning on just the light above her cubicle, Jayjay rang up her friend and co-worker Genny from the office and they chatted while she worked at her PC which happened to be located along a corridor at the corner farthest away from the office entrance.

While they were talking on the phone, Genny suddenly asked "Sino ang kasama mo diyan?".

"Wala. It's a Sunday. Ako lang ang nandito." Jayjay replied.

"Kasi parang meron akong naririnig..."

Jayjay stopped typing on her notebook. That's when she heard the pitter-patter of a child's feet running down the corridor just past her desk and the sound of a little girl crying down the hall.

Not bothering to put down the phone or reach for the light switch, Jayjay ran out through the darkened office and into the well-lit elevator lobby.

The manager's offices have frosted glass instead walls, except that the bottom 10" is not frosted. Once my other friend peeked under the frosted glass and saw boots underneath the desk of one of the managers, yet that manager doesn't wear boots.

That same manager once passed by the open door to his own office and out of the corner of his eye, saw someone seated at his desk. He did a double-take and the person was gone.

Other people that have worked late at our office, including the 24/7 Customer Service staff, have reported seeing and hearing things. The people in the Web development team reported feeling as if someone were looking over their shoulders while they worked. One person swears she saw someone peeking over a cubicle wall when she was the only person in that area late at night.

My Prof's Stories
Shared by RöttenMind

Share ko lang yung sa Mt. Cristobal experience ng prof ko (actually, sila yung first batch ng mountaineers na na-interview sa probe team yata), gabi na nun and tulog na sila sa tent, then may napansin silang shadow ng girl na umiikot sa paligid ng tent nila. Tas yung isang kasama nila may pumalo sa ulo, so hindi sila natulog. After that, may mga narinig silang maiingay sa labas, nag-stay lang sila sa tent. The next morning paglabas nila, nakita nila yung gamit nila sira-sira and yung canned foods, kinain. As in sira-sira yung cans daw, yun lang. Hindi ko na madetalye, natatakot na nga ako sa pagta-type eh.

Marami pang naikwento ang prof ko from not-so-scary to the face-to-face encounter with a ghost/devil.

---
Kwento rin ng prof ko. Natutulog na daw sya sa housr ng tita nya, mag-isa lang siya. Nang bigla syang nagising 'coz tumaas yung kumot nya, as in suspended! Tas may black lady sa tabi ng kama nya, nakatayo sa gilid and parang sinisilip siyang matulog! As in ang lapit ng face sa kanya (the thing is wala pa lang face). It was all black daw and it lasted for a couple of minutes. Scary talaga! Bigla na lang daw nag-vanish after so takbo siya sa altar, kinuha si Sto. Niño hehe.

Grabe, pag gabi naiisip ko ito, natatakot ako.

National Library
Shared by calcifix

Kalurkey ang National Library sa Manila ha! Kasi nung nagpunta ako dun just recently (bwisit kasi ang boss ko may pinapahanap na newspaper dated June of 1994). So ayun, pumunta nga ako ng National Library. Merong section dun sa loob na parang bodega na ng mga lumang newspaper. Nagkataon pa na sobrang konti lang ng tao, parang 3 lang yata kami sa buong floor na yun, tapos yung sa bodega ako lang ang tao kasi yung bantay eh panay ang alis. I swear! Habang hinahanap ko yung dyaryo, may bumunggo sa balikat ko! Yung parang nagkabungguan kami ng balikat! Hinanap ko talaga kung merong tao pero wala! Katakot talaga hanggang ngayon takot na takot pa din ako, first time ko maka-experience ng ganyan! Ang lakas ng trip ng multo ha, makipagbungguan ng balikat ang peg!.