Epilogue

🖤

O N E Y E A R L A T E R

"Wake up!" Someone says, poking my cheek repeatedly, pulling me out of my beautiful dream where I met Venom.

He's even more handsome in real life.

"Come on, babe. I'm getting bored without you."

"You did this to me. I was working out till freaking six in the morning. What the fuck did you expect?" I murmur, chuckling when he takes my legs and pulls me towards the end of the bed. "I'm awake, I'm good."

"That's more like it."

"What's for breakfast?" I ask Damon while turning around to rest on my back. I open my eyes and find him smiling above me.

"It's lunchtime."

I yawn and stretch out my body, hearing a few bones cracking. "You know that's breakfast for me."

He bends down and gives my lips a juicy peck, smelling like fresh coffee. "I want coffee too." I pout.

"Everything's already in the bag. You'll drink it at the beach." He says, giving my thigh a smack. "Go get ready."

"I bet you didn't pack food." I provoke him, holding eye contact.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "I got us breakfast and your usual desert in the bag."

"What's my usual desert?"

"Back home you eat cupcakes as a desert but since we're in Italy, you usually overdose yourself with tiramisu. Did I pass the test, my personal doctor?"

I nod and decide to stop the torture, seeing how desperate he is to go swimming. "Adequate answer, but I'm still satisfied with it."

"You're more than satisfied with it." He says, kissing my lips again.

I gasp. "Stop it, let me get ready."

So, here's the thing. Damon had asked me to come to Italy with him awhile ago, to relive the beautiful experience we had at the trip. So, we decided to make our promise a reality and both worked a few jobs to get the much needed money. Now, here we are, entering our third day here, changing cities every day. Today we're exploring 'Portofino', the place I've dreamt about ever since I was a kid. I remember hearing the song 'Love in Portofino' by Dalida playing on the radio and just like that, I found myself dreaming about visiting the place, kissing my partner with the city as a witness to our love.

In other words- I'm fucking excited.

After a long-ass walk and my thighs feeling like they're on fire from rubbing against each other, we finally arrive to Damon's beloved beach.

"Stand up." Damon shakes me again, trying to lift me up from the comfortable position on the sand.

"I just need a second and some cold water." I say, raising an arm above my head in attempt to block out the burning hot sunlight.

"Get up or I'm throwing you over my shoulder again." He threatens.

I roll my eyes and gasp as I feel him lifting me up. "Baby, stop. We're making the old couple cringe again." I say.