Chapter Six

- "Not at all, huh?"
- "Not at all."

🖤

V E R O N I C A

"Damon."

"Veronica."

I click my tongue. "I need you to tell me something."

"What is it?"

I scoff. "Why did you sound annoyed?"

"I didn't."

"Because if you are I can stop talking real fast." I raise my arms. "Do you understand that talking to me is a privilege?"

He takes a deep breath and turns his head towards me slowly. "I do understand. Sorry if I sounded like that."

I smile proudly. "You better be."

Wait a minute, this guy didn't want to argue with me. I provoked him on purpose and he didn't even bother arguing.

Great to know that you don't care. Asshole.

Maybe he's just calm, unlike you.

Bullshit.

"What did you want to talk about?" He breaks the silence.

I give him a qood glare, making sure he feels the anger. Stupid guy.

"Never mind." I breathe out.

"Oh come on don't leave me on a cliffhanger. Tell me."

"No."

"Please."

I fake a chuckle. "Saying a pretty word doesn't work on me, Damon."

"Okay, don't tell me." He shrugs.

I gasp. "How dare you?"

He stays silent, and that just makes me want to tell him everything. I bite my lip, trying to prevent myself from saying the words sitting at the tip of my tongue.

Oh fuck it.

I sigh and place my cold hands in the warm, welcoming pockets of my jacket. "How do I remember the memories I make?"

"Veronica, you peace of shit. Stop right now or I'll murder him." I hear Blake's distant voice and automatically turn that way. What welcomed me is the sight of a breathless Blake keeping his hand on his chest.

I redirected my attention to Damon and found him looking straight forward, meeting my gaze after a quick moment. There's such warmness in this human being, I can't even put my words around it. Sometimes I wonder how such bright person can turn out similar to myself.

Whilst I see myself representing the dark colors, I can never picture him like that.

What an interesting creature.

Shit, I forgot that I was mad at him.

When Blake finally approaches us, he places his hand on Damon's shoulder, clearly not recognizing it's him. I watch as his angry expression is replaced with a happy smile. "Hey, my man."