Chapter Twenty-Two

🖤

V E R O N I C A

Today was the most boring day ever, I never thought I could be this uninterested in doing literally anything. Well, I chose this path for myself, I refused to go out with my friends, per usual, to wait for a certain asshole to make an appearance. What the frick is that guy doing?

God damn it, why doesn't he ever call me or text me so I can know my plans for the day and not waste my time waiting for him when I can enjoy the summer. I really need to set some boundaries because things are going out of hand.

The recap of today is that I spent a good amount of time watching all kinds of TV shows and listening to music. I even debated going to the park to chill on the swings but it's probably crowded so I don't want to seem strange or anything.

Once I finished showering, I knew I was doomed. So here I am, sitting at the edge of the bed, tapping my foot against the ground as a result of anxiety flowing through my body. Maybe I should call Blake to tell him to come pick me up to hangout. I don't even know anymore.

I sigh in frustration and stand up to open the window and let the chilly, fresh air hit my skin. I was peacefully trying to somehow indirectly get my daily dose of vitamin Damon which I seemed to lack today when I heard the front door open and close immediately with a loud thud. That was a signal that Blake had arrived home.

I went out of my room and descended to the end of the stairs, debating whether I'm actually in a mood to talk to Blake right now. But, the universe seemed to love me and actually gave me the sight of Damon inside the house instead of Blake. I felt like jumping around like a little kid but decided to keep it cool with a calm expression.

"Black." I trail off as I take a step towards him.

Respect for his last name.

"Hello, blackberry."

Here we go again with that nickname, it makes me feel like a phone. This greeting that he did right here reminded me of the beginning of the vampire diaries. Oh, they do share the same name.

I shake my head. "Gosh, don't call me that."

"Oh come on, you like it." He pauses for a moment and winks at me. "It's only fair that I give you a nickname too, since you seem to invent a new one for me every day."

I chuckle and nod. "Okay, call me whatever you like."

"I already am doing that, love."

I watch as the last world rolls out perfectly out of his mouth with a lot of sexiness and blink to readjust myself and prevent me from jumping him. Gosh Veronica, stop it will ya?

"So... what brings you here, whale?" I ask him with a teasing voice, although I was surprised to see him come to me after all.

He shrugs and gives me a beautiful seductive smirk. "I kidnap you every night."

You can kidnap me any time you like.

I smile. "I know."

"Were you sleeping?"

I shake my head as an answer and glance at him. "What are we doing? Are we staying here?"