Chapter Nineteen

🖤

V E R O N I C A

"So, you up for it or hell yes?" Blake asks with a smile.

I shrug.

He nudges me. "You're going and that's final. Go get dressed properly. All of the gang will be there, can you imagine it? All of them."

I roll my eyes. At least Damon will be there, doesn't sound that bad, yeah? "Where are we going again?" I ask.

Blake grins. "We are going for a family walk around the neighborhood. Maybe stop for a coffee or something."

I huff. "Okay."

He pinches me on the cheek. "You can be such a sweetheart when you want to."

I scrunch my face in disgust. "Stop that. Get out before I knock you out."

He frowns and immediately leaves my room. "You have two minutes." He calls out.

I just got dressed in all nike sports clothes and I was done in a minute or so. I decided to do something with my hair because it's really hot outside and I don't want extra heat. So I put it into a ponytail.

I joined Blake and we made our way out of the house but something was wrong. My heart was beating- well, not that kind of beating, the kind where it's above 60-80 beats per minute. You get me... the faster one. Well it's surely strange to me, considering that I don't get these sort of things.

Does that mean that I'm nervous? Or maybe excited? Both?

Well, I did have a great time with Damon yesterday. In fact, I can't remember what time he went home. I just remember that it was daytime outside when Blake came and indirectly threw him out of the house. I spent some time with Blake, well I was the one talking whilst he was trying not to fall asleep- considering that he's the good kid that goes to bed before midnight and is a morning person- while I'm the complete opposite.

But then, when I think about yesterday, how Damon held me in his arms, how protected I felt. It's strange how only he was able to make me feel better. Trust me, part of me feels uneasy about all of it because I've never let another person in that closely, not to mention that I don't rely on people to make me feel better. I have this thought inside of me, that I shouldn't let him affect my mood or feelings because he might leave again just like he did after the trip, then what do you do? When your source of happiness is no longer in your life.

Exactly, maybe it was a mistake. But it's one of those mistakes that I don't regret. At all.

"What are you creepily smiling at?" Blake's voice brings me back to reality and he immediately nudges my shoulder.

"I want a cat, or a lizard." I say, my face visibly dropping when I remember Sebastian the lizard.

"Where did that come from?"

I shrug. "I've been wanting a pet for quite a awhile."

"You know that's a big responsibility. Who will take care of it while we're away?"

I give him a sharp look. "We rarely even leave the house."

"I plan on traveling all summer."