Chapter Two

"Soul recognition."

🖤

V E R O N I C A

My words are dead-ass serious when I say I always put myself first. Some people get that as a joke beside my obvious seriousness, some of them think it's selfish.

I wouldn't define that as selfish, I would define it as basic instinct for human survival. Some people have it in a different form.

See what I mean? I can't get those types of people who trust other human beings. Me, personally, I always have a feeling someone's going to betray me and that's why I've grown to only trust myself. Now, looking back at those choices I've made, I most definitely was right and I'm actually proud of myself.

Okay. So, I've been here with Blake in America for half a year and I got used to the place. What's new is my friends, Blake introduced me to them a few weeks since my arrival.

The guys have been here almost every day and we spent the whole winter break here with them, occasionally going out sometimes.

Right now, something dramatic is happening.

Picture this, Blake has a lot of male friends and he'd always put in a lot of trust in them. But the trust levels weren't the same in all guys. One of the guys he trusted least was some guy named David. I just found out about his existence and it looks like we have mutual hatred for the guy because he's the guy I wanted to beat up half a year ago when I had a very anti-fun welcome party.

Blake was betrayed by David, and my cousin is now very furious. The worst part is that I don't even know what he did, not that I'm trying to. Nevertheless, it's safe to say that Blake is officially losing his shit as he walks around the kitchen.

"Stupid little son of a frickin' motherclocker." Blake yells out with anger in his voice.

Is it bad that I want to laugh in his face?

"Blake, it's okay. We've got your back if you want to kick his shit." Asher says, bringing an arm around Blake's shoulder in attempt to calm him down.

Asher was the first guy Blake introduced me to. He had a quite long dark blonde hair, well built figure and green eyes. He was taller than Blake and a lot scarier, but a real sweetheart in the inside.

Oh, yeah. Our friends are here for moral support too.

Regardless, what Asher didn't know is that the gesture just made him more furious.

He removes Asher's arm harshly. "Don't you get it? If I should've done that, I would've done it already and by myself."

I personally think he wouldn't hurt a single bug.

I look at Stephen and Jaxson, who are standing confused, clearly not knowing how to calm him down.

Stephen was the crackhead of the group, always being positive and full with jokes that bring tears of laughter. He had dark brown hair and eyes, as for his height, just a few inches taller than me.

Jaxson was the extra serious one, more like the dad of the group, always looking out for us and personality similar to Rafael from 'Teenage mutant ninja turtles'.

Asher comes next to me and nudges my shoulder. "Aren't you curious about who David actually is?"

I shake my head. "Nah. I don't actually care. Blake's a grown man, he can fight his battles. Still, I'm here to beat someone if necessary."

Asher nods. "Got it. I won't mess with you."

"It's fun seeing you try." I say with a teasing voice.

He shakes his head and smiles. "I'll think about it. I'm not sure if I should take my chances. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure you'd never hurt me."