Chapter Fifteen

🖤

V E R O N I C A

Nevertheless, we did end up joining our friends on a walk around Lido di Jesolo, partly because I felt guilty for being the stubborn shit I am and because I needed some distraction to not feel overly excited about spending time with Damon like I did before.

So here I am, walking beside Blake, wanting to break the ice first but being blocked by my anger issues every time I try to open my mouth. They're literally yelling at me to walk away from him, saying that if he wanted to talk, he would've done so by now.

"Hey sweethearts." Ava comes to the rescue, acting like a barrier between us, slinging one arm over mine and Blake's shoulder.

I notice a red tint of color appearing on Blake's cheeks as soon as he sees how close she is. "Can you leave us alone for a minute, Blake?" She asks.

"Sure." He says, taking a step back and disappearing behind Mike and Luke, who are silently walking behind us.

"Babe, what's up with you?" She speaks up, keeping her hold on me while we continue walking on the sidewalk.

"That nickname feels weird when you're with my cousin." I say.

She rolls her eyes. "Blake mentioned that you're mad at him."

I sigh. "I'm not exactly mad at him. I'm just very stubborn and unable to make the first move towards making amends."

"Do you want me to tell him this? So he doesn't feel guilty anymore."

I nod. "I think that'd be great. Thanks Avs." I say, placing my hand on top of hers.

"Bitch, don't spill the tea without me." Violet calls out from behind us, running in our direction.

"What tea?" I ask as soon as she reaches us.

"There's only one interesting tea around here." She smiles wickedly as she watches me.

"You mean Blake and Ava." I correct her.

She shakes her head. "They're predictable."

I redirect my focus on Ava. "What's new between you two anyway?"

"Nothing much... you know. Just a few kisses here and there."

I nod. "Nice."

"Don't change the subject, Veronica." Violet says from beside me.

"That was the subject." I point out.

Violet sighs. "Let's try this again." She trails off. "What's happening between you and Damon? I heard you slept in the same room."

"The guy was sunburnt." I try to defend myself. "And it was in separate beds."

Violet smirks. "Have you kissed yet?"

"No." I say quickly, suddenly feeling sweaty and warm.

I mean... when I think about it, it does sound amazing, me and Damon making out, my lips touching his beautiful ones harshly. I bet he knows how to use them properly. Who am I kidding? The guy is a walking perfection, but paired with a god like me. Explosion.