Chapter Fourteen

🖤

V E R O N I C A

"Just wear that." Violet yells.

"I can't." She yells. "I need something that brings out my eyes."

"This literally brings them out."

"No it doesn't. Oh my god, I look so ugly, he'll hate me." Ava panics.

I groan and try to suppress the noise by covering my ears with a pillow in an attempt to continue sleeping. The thing is, the girls woke up earlier than we should and started acting weird, now they won't shut up.

I try falling asleep one more time and decide against it when I feel anxiety appearing in my mind. I debate whether to tell the girls to shut up, but we probably would end up arguing and I don't want that to be the first thing I do today. I decide to choose peace.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to meditate before officially starting the day. When I remember what happened yesterday, I get up in a split second, beyond excited and ready to have an amazing day.

I start looking for danger the moment I hear Ava and Violet yelling their asses off. "Jesus, Veronica." Ava breathes out, pressing a hand against her heart. "We thought a demon possessed you."

"Yeah. Don't jump awake like that."

I sigh and enter the bathroom, longing for a nice refreshing shower. When I exit the bathroom, feeling more relaxed than ever, I carefully secure my robe and take a cold canned vanilla coffee we bought yesterday. I slide the balcony door open and step into the fresh air, suddenly feeling glad that I woke up earlier.

I spot the balcony furniture, analyzing the rope patio furniture consisting of three grey chairs sitting next to a small round table.

This shit's stable right? I don't want to fall on my ass.

I shake off my thoughts and plop down on the nearest chair. I take a look at the can and my long white nails I've been growing specifically for this trip, sighing in defeat. "Ava." I call out.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come here for a second?"

She appears after a moment, already dressed up in a cute sundress. "Love the dress." I comment.

She blushes slightly. "You think?"

"Yes." I say. "Can you open my can?" I ask, handing her the can.

She chuckles and takes it in her hands, opening it effortlessly. "You're such a girl."

"Correction, honey. I'm a god." I say proudly, leaning back on the chair and jumping lightly when I hear a crack.

She laughs at me. "It does that sound all the time, you're safe." She says. "By the way." She trails off, disappearing inside. "Here, so you don't spill coffee on the robe." She appears again, handing my coffee with a single red straw inside.

"I'm a skilled can drinker, but thanks."

🖤

After my coffee session, it was time to leave this place and head to the next one. This time, the bus ride lasted very shortly, which we're all grateful for. I need a break from all the buses.