Chapter 46 • together pt 2

A/N - felt pretty good to write again.. missed this story.

Joshs pov

I just smiled. I wanted to be in his arms. He probably did something but it's okay.

Is it josh

I didn't want to let go but I had to the thought bugged my mind. "Brendon how did you leave.." I said looking at him. He looked down at his feet. "Brendon.." I said as I put my hand on his cheek and moved his head to face me. "Well.. Ryan tried to butter me up..so I knocked him out before he could do anymore.." he closed his eyes and leaned into my hand. "At least you're not hurt.." I said back in response as I kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around him again. Just knowing that he was okay and still alive.

He's with me

Made me so happy. We just stayed together holding each other hearing each other breaths not saying a word. Taking the moment in. I smiled. "I love you Brendon" I said. Tears started to form in my eyes. But for once in a long time, they were happy tears. "I love you to Josh." He said back. I pulled away slightly so
I could look at him. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. I just smiled as I stroked his hair.

This was something I wanted forever. He closed his eyes and smiled too. "We're going to be in a lot of trouble..." I said with a small laugh. It's worth it though. "Me more than you..but this-" he said as he kissed me sweet and passionately. "This is worth it." "Very much so" my eyes were still watering but oh well.

- Trigger warning -

My sleeve to my shirt rubbed against my wrist as I went back into going to hug Brendon. It stung. Shit

"Ouch" I said as I unwrapped my arms and stepped away from Brendon. "Let me see.."

"See what..?" I said as I looked at him trying to look confused. He stepped closer. He looked at me with a concerned look as I stepped back. "I know you know what I'm talking about. I only want to help. Can I see them please. It's okay Joshua."

He knows..

You guys do have a connection..

"I'm sorry.." I looked down and held my arm out to him so he could look at what I'd done. "I'm so so sorry" "hey Sh Sh..it's okay theres no reason to be sorry it's okay I'm here now." He said in a soft tone. "It's not okay.." I said as tears came rushing down my cheeks. He put his hand on my cheek and made me look at him. As he wiped my tears away. "Did I mess up.." "No you didn't" I said as I closed my eyes. I could feel his hand go over the cuts. It stung. I bit my lip. I opened my eyes again an the cuts were gone.

What..

He's a demon

how could he..

I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Brendon look down at his hand. Blood.

Your blood

I wiped it off his hand with one of my sleeves. He pulled his arm away right after.

He was scared..

"Let's do something else.." I said as I looked into his eyes as he finally looked back into mine. The tears had finally stopped, I smiled as my eyes grew wide. "CUDDLES" I said in a childish voice and jumping. We both went over to the couch and sat beside each other. He threw a blanket and covered both of us. I moved in closer to him eliminating all the space that was there in between us. I rested my head on his lap. He stroked my hair and I smiled. My eyes got heavy.

You need to stay up.

You need to stay up incase something happens.

You need to say goodbye to him.

Brendon's pov

I smiled as I looked down at him. Stroking his hair and taking in the moment. I just wish this could last forever.

You need to leave.

He could be up by now

I snapped out of it as I heard the door in the other room open. My eyes flashed yellow. As I snapped my fingers and I was in the other room ready to pounce. Ready to kill. The figure went to turn the corner. I could sense them. It was an angel. I put my hands around there throat. "who are you" I said into there ear. "Brendon it's me." Sarah said.

Sarah.

I let go of her. She took a minute to get her breath back. " I was just here to check up on Josh since it's been a bit and after the report on you.."

"Well I'm here so yeah.."

- time skip featured by Sarah coming back into the story -

"Wow.." she said. "I know. So please look out for him for me." I said as I looked at her. "I will Bren. You know I could go back with you and help you finish the job and be free of that bastard." I sighed and took a drink of beer. "I don't want you getting hurt. You mean to much to me and I'm tired of losing people." She walked over to me and hugged me. "I know you miss her.." she said as she let go and looked at me. " I know you have made her proud." She kissed my cheek and left the room. I took another sip of my beer. As a single tear crept down my cheek.

I will.