Chapter 9

It was an unfamiliar face but I recognised it at the look at it and smiled wide.

It was Taehyung.

I smiled wide in happiness and nodded at him. Jimin who had no idea who it was, just sighed and said,

"Hana please don't play with me, this is not the time you do this kinda stuff"

"Paboya, it's not me. Why are you being so stupid? Guess it yourself" I said as he started thinking.

He gasped in shock for a minute and he said,

"Hana,Hana! Please don't tell me- it's, IT'S TAEHYUNG RIGHT!????" He said as he examined the hands which were closing his eyes.

I don't know where this sudden knowledge of candid photography came to me from, but I took my phone out and clicked a candid shot of this scene, without hesitating.

Jimin immediately took the hands off his eyes as he turned around a took a look at Taehyung.

"Yah Jimin-ah! Finally decided to come here and meet me uh?" Said the deep voice of Taehyung. He gave a warm smile as Jimin started tearing up.

Aish, this boy...

"T-Tae" Jimin managed to mutter before pulling tae into tight, long hug.

I seemed to be in a mood of taking photos, so I unhesitatingly took a few pictures.

Finally when Jimin pulled away he whispered," I-I  thought you w- won't show up" and looked down.

Taehyung wiped his tears and said, "you made a mistake thinking like that" he said.

" Tae, this is my close friend, Hana" Jimin introduced me.

I smiled and bowed.

"Hi Hana, I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung" he said and offered his hand.

I shook it and said,"Hana, Hwang Hana. And if you two would excuse me I'll go get you guys something to eat while you guys talk"

They nodded and I went to the nearest icecream vendor and got us 3 icecreams.

[JIMIN'S POV]

"That's your friend now uh?" Tae asked as I nodded.

"She seems nice... And cute" tae smirked.

"Yah Taehyung! You're not playing with her feelings I'm warning you now itself!" I yelled at him.

He laughed as he said, "you're getting possessive about your friend uh?" He smirked at me.

Before he could say something I yelled at him," It's nothing like that, just shut up".

He just laughed and went silent.

" So..... How's Areum? She.... Didn't show up I guess..?" I said.

"Hmm.... Yeah actually... Her mom's getting drunk too often and she abuses Arie and her dad's too busy with official work.. but her dad takes good care of Arie and he manages to drop and pick her up from school... As far as I know, I think she doesn't have her phone either.. So I'm not sure if she'll come.."

" I understand Taehyung-ah, it's not a problem.. I didn't think life would be so unfair to dear Arie.." I said and tae nodded.

That's when we saw someone running towards us. A girl running towards us. We didn't care much about it and just turned the other way.

I was staring somewhere at the tree until I heard a sweet  familiar voice yell, "Taehyung!!!!"

I turned to  the way the girl was running to us.

Taehyung was already standing.

I smiled as I saw the girl running hurriedly to us and hugging Tae.

I stood up and saw the girl's tear stained face.

She was closing her eyes, yet I could recognise her so well.

Long hair which was coloured dark brown at the ends, oval face which was fair complexioned.

This girl is none other than my best friend, Arie.

It was her,

Areum, Kim Areum.

As soon as she pulled away, she looked at me gasped in shock.

She covered her mouth and tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"Jimin" she whispered before pulling me into a tight hug.I hugged her back and tears streamed down my face.

" You're here Jimin-ah, you're here! I missed you so damn much!" She whispered. "I missed you too Arie!" I whispered.

We pulled away and laughed.

We three  sat on our usual bench. "I thought you won't come" Tae said to Arie.

"Well, how would I not keep up my best friend's promise!" She said and winked at me. I smiled wide, while tae's eyes widened in shock.

" So you do come here, do you??" He questioned.

" Well, duh! Even though I don't come along with you or at the usual time we meet, I manage to sneak out of my house and spend at least 5 minutes here. Today, I went home on my own and found mom half drunk, dad is in Seoul for some damn work, so this was her chance! She came near me and mumbled something before giving me a slap. I quickly managed to get out and I ran here. I wanted to have my 'me time' in our bench and I saw you sitting here! How long it's been since we both came here together! So I ran here. Then I noticed my lil mochi being here! Gosh! How much I've missed you guys' company, you guys have no idea!" She said hugged us both. We hugged her back.

"So Jimin-ah, you tell me. How's life!? You've got new friends!?" Arie asked. That's when Hana came with 3 icecreams.

She smiled at us. But She was thinking something. Possibly about  Arie.

"Hana, this is my other best friend, Areum. Areum, this is Hana, my close friend from this school"

Arie smiled at Hana.

" Hi Hana, I'm Kim Areum" she said and smiled warmly.

" Hi Areum, I'm Hwang Hana. Nice to meet you guys. I've... Got something for you three" she smiled as gave us the three icecreams she had, leaving none for her.

I immediately felt bad.

"Hana, what about you?" I whispered as she smiled.

"Hey Jimin,it's fine.. you guys eat 'em and have some fun! I'll be there" she said pointing at a bench few metres away.

I held her hand as she started walking away. She turned and smiled warmly at me.

She removed my hand off hers and walked to that bench. I felt bad for her somehow.

I'm sorry Hana..