74

Kayleigh

"we have great news mrs seavey" my doctor says coming in my room

"what is it?" i ask

"you're allowed to go home today"

"really!"

"yup, we already called your husband and he's on his way to pick you up"

"yay! it's been a week i need my home"

"we just need to talk to you and let you know a few things"

"okay what are they"

"first you haven't walked yet so you don't know but you will be very sore and it will be hard. this is just because of the chemo which weakens your system to get out the bad cancer. also you will probably be tired often and we strongly suggest you sleep and rest much so you can be ready for more chemo. the headaches will still be there but you can take any head pain medication for that. and unfortunately you may start to lose your hair. the chemo has been in your system enough and around this time this is where we see that part start"

"oh.. when do i come back for my next treatment"

"3 weeks"

"do i have to stay forever again after that"

"no you'll have it, and then two hours later you'll be able to leave. it's a long and tough process mrs seavey but i know you'll get through it"

"i hope i do."

"i don't want to give you false hope but i really believe it will be cured"
-
Daniel

i'm on my way to pick up kayleigh and bring her home

she has no idea but we are having a welcome home/get better soon party for her

i invited my family, Jonah, jonahs family who were in town, and the boys in my band

it's not a lot of people but it's who she knows

i get to the hospital and go to her room

when i get in shes talking to her doctor, who is sitting on her bed

i'm kinda jealous because he's a pretty young doctor and Kayleigh tells me often how she finds him cute

but i'm sure it's nothing and he's just telling her about the cancer

"sorry to interrupt but i'm here" i say waving

the doctor turns around and stands up

"hi. well mrs seavey you're all set to go and i'll see you in three weeks"

"okay perfect"

i help her up from her bed and we head out of the hospital

"how are you feeling?" i ask her when we're in the car

"honestly super tired and weak. but i'm also happy to be going home and being able to sleep in a real bed"

"aw i wish you felt better"

"me too. ugh when we get home can you nap with me"

"well about that we kinda have a party for you at home"

"why"

"cause you haven't been home in so long."

"but i'm tired"

"i'm sorry. i can call everyone and tell them to go home. i just wanted to do something kinda special cause you deserve it"

"it's fine i just might go upstairs during some of it"

"are you sure"

"yes. ugh i haven't seen ryland or rae in so long"

"i know. they miss you so much"

"i miss them too that's the worst part. i just want to hug them."

"did you miss me"

"dani you visited me all the time"

"i know but still. i missed sleeping next to you"

"yeah i missed that. tonight's going to be so good to sleep in a good bed with you"

"well i'm excited for you. welp we're home. can you act surprised i wasn't supposed to tell you"

"of course"

✅ Step-daughter// D.S ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara