67

Daniel

I just got home from work and sure enough Kayleigh is in bed. From the facetime she seemed to be in a lot of pain

i feel bad cause i know how much she hates being sick and being in pain. i just want her to be better

but for now i just have to take care of her

I walk in our house and when I walk in I see Ryland and Rae cuddling and watching tv

"hey guys"

"daddy!!!!"

"hi dad"

"hi where's kayleigh?"

"she's in bed. she was sleeping when i came home and Ryland was with her. but he woke up so i brought him down here to watch tv with me"

"okay well i'm going to go check on her if you need something text me"

"okay"

i walk upstairs and walk into our room

sure enough she's sleeping so i climb in our bed to lay with her

i feel her forehead and she's burning

i think it might be from all that traveling who knows

i kiss her forehead and she wakes up

"hello" she says

"hi it's Daniel"

"oh hi. ew it's so bright"

"the lights are off"

"still too bright" she groans and covers her head with the covers

i go under the covers and kiss her

"my head hurts" she complains

"i know. how bad does it hurt?"

"too bad. i can't focus or do anything. i just want it to go away"

"it will. did you take anything"

"yes but it doesn't help me. daniiiiiii"

"hey hey relax ill call the doctors and we can go tomorrow"

"noooo i hate the doctors"

"why? they make you feel better"

"no they kill people"

"baby you know they don't do that"

"they killed my mom and dad"

"what!"

what is she talking about

"the last time i went to the doctors i was with my mom and they said she had incurable cancer and she was going to die in a few years. yeah well the next week we were talking and she randomly stopped talking and she collapsed and i called 911. but by the time they came she was already dead. they told us that she died in my arms."

"baby that was one bad experience and i'm so sorry that happened but it won't happen to you i promise"

"not one then the next month when i finally could go back to school, when i walked in my house the day i was back my dad was hanging from our living room ceiling. i-i untied him and called 911 and when they came they promised me that they would be able to save him while they took them away. but when we went to the hospital, they didn't save him but they killed him. i am not going to the doctors or hospital and getting killed just like my parents did. if the hospital and doctors were good they would have tried to cure my mom and they would've saved my dad. but no they didn't so i will not go"

"wow i didn't know that. i thought you said they got into an accident"

"well that's what i told you when you were with your parents. i couldn't tell them all of that they would've hated me."

"well why didn't you tell me the real story?"

"i was scared. i already told you about my abusive ex and getting stabbed i didn't need you knowing more traumatic details of my life to make you leave and not want me."

"hey those stories are what make you, you. i would never leave you for that"

"i know that now, but at the time i didn't."

"well i'm glad you told me that story. but seriously i want you to go to the doctors to make sure you're okay"

"i'll go on one condition"

"okay what is it?"

"if we have sex tonight i'll go."

"woah"

"sorry it's just we haven't in a while and i miss your... umm friend yeah friend."

"the only reason we haven't is because you weren't able to cause of ryland and we were on vacation with kids and then you're sick..."

"that's why i want to have it tonight"

"okay then we can but you'll go to the doctors tomorrow right?"

"yup"

"then yes tonight when ryland and rae go to bed we will have sex"

"yay! now cuddle with me i'm cold and in pain"