31

Dave POV
Laying in the hospital bed thinking about my life. I Wish I had a family. I remember when I use to bounce from foster home to foster home. I been in the system since birth. Nobody wanted me. My own mama gave me up at birth. When I turned 18 I left that group home I was in and started hustling and that's when I met Kasen. I met a couple more niggas but I'm glad I had a brother in Kasen. I thought about the person who shot me and what she said when she did it. I was so far in my thoughts I got tired and started to drift to sleep. I was going to tell Shay but I was going to leave out the detail about the woman saying she should've killed me a long time ago.

Shayla POV
I liked Shaydon and Shawn they gave me a protective vibe. I like that because growing up I had to protect myself, until I met Kasen and Dave now it's more added to the pot. I missed my man though and I'm glad Dave was woke and doing well imm stop by and see him On my way! Home. "Why don't you come here for Easter" "I already told Kasen I was coming with him to his moms house" "Well Sis I hate that we couldn't celebrate our 18th birthday together, next year we are fasho" "I'll see you later Shaydon, you have my number call me anytime" "Aite Lil Sis" "Boy you older by some minutes shut up" We laughed and he walked to the front door letting me out. I got in the car and headed to the hospital.
When I got to Dave room he was sleep. I seen a woman walk out before I entered she looked real familiar but I didn't pay any attention I had to see my brother. "Wake up Dave" I shook him and he jumped up "Wasaup Sis and uncle baby Sky" "We just came by to check on you" "I'm good, but I do need to tell you something" I looked at him because he had some sternness in his voice when he said that "Aye look don't tell K, I took these bullets for y'all, Danny called me to come meet her and some woman came out the bushes in a black mask saying how if I didn't tell her where you and Sky was she'd shoot me shiiid I wasn't finna let her know where y'all was so I told her no and she shot me up fr" I had tears in my eyes listening to what Dave had just told me. Who could be looking for us? "You know I love you like you my blood sister, I wasn't finna give that type of information out, now I couldn't tell Kasen because he would retaliate and put y'all in more danger, be safe sis it's people looking for y'all and ion want you or Sky hurt" "can't i just tell Shawn he's like the king of pine bluff right? And don't the streets talk so he could find our who wants us" "That is your pops huh? I mean go ahead and tell him but I'm Serious about y'all being safe keep Sky close and you don't do anything but go home or to school if you not with Kasen" "Okay Dave" I took out my phone and told Shawn everything he was so mad he tried to get me and Sky to come stay with him but I couldn't take Sky from her father or her home so he told me he was going to hire people to watch us at all times. I couldn't even drive anymore, which was good because I didn't have my license anyways.
I told Dave I was going to see him later and I checked my surroundings and headed to the car. I called Kasen and told him to be outside waiting on us.

Kasen POV I was sitting outside waiting on Shay and Sky to come home like she told me to

Kasen POV
I was sitting outside waiting on Shay and Sky to come home like she told me to. She sounded scared so I couldn't wait until she got here. I stayed otp with her the whole time until I seen the Jeep coming down the street. She pulled into the garage and I walked to the backseat grabbing Sky "Baby what's up what's wrong" "You have to promise you want do anything stupid if I tell you" I looked at her and said took a deep breath because usually when they say don't do anything stupid I was going to do something stupid. "Yea now come on and tell me" After she told me everything that was going on I got up off the couch where we was sitting and paced back and forward trying to put all this shit together. I mean who could possibly be looking for them and why shoot Dave over this shit. I look at Shay who was looking at me with her eyes red from all the crying and I knew she needed me so I let my thoughts linger while I held her and Sky close to me. "I'm scared Kasen" "I got y'all mamas you and Sky y'all my hearts nothing gone happen to y'all"

Plot twist coming guys ☺️☺️☺️
Keep commenting and voting 😘