29

Kasen POV

Man I didn't want to skip out on Shayla but shit I got a call from Danny saying Dave had been shot. I told Shawn what was up and we rushed to the hospital. I told Shaydon to make sure he don't tell Shay because she would be trying to come out there and I didn't want her brining my baby out sitting at no damn hospital. She had already been blowing my phone up and I kept rejecting her calls. I was trying to make sure my nigga was straight.

Shayla POV

Kasen was not answering his phone and I got madder and madder every time he declined me. I then remember we had this app that told each other where the other person is. I seen he was at the hospital and got sad. He could've got shot or he could be up there with a bitch having his baby. I grabbed a Sky and headed out the door. She was sleep when we arrived at the hospital when I walked in I went to the desk and said I need to see a Kasen Riley "SHAYLA WHY DF YOU GOT MY DAMN BABY OUT THIS LATE" "You wasn't answering the phone and I seen that you was at the hospital and I rushed over here is everything ok" Shawn got up and said "give me the baby Shay" I handed him Sky and looked at Kasen who went and sat down putting his head in his hands. "Baby tell me what's going on" "I WANT TO KNOW WHY DF YOU GOT MY CHILD OUT THIS LATE" "Aye K lower yo damn tone talking to MY CHILD like that" Shawn said and I looked at him. "Look Shay Skyla shouldn't be here can y'all just go home I call you as soon as I know about Dave" I looked at him standing up "What happened to Dave Kasen?" He didn't say anything that's when Shawn said "He got shot Shayla" tears began to roll down my face because he was my brother and nobody told me shit. I guess thats why Kasen didn't want to tell me anything. "Look babygirl you need to get Skyla home we gone call you as soon as he wake up" Shawn said. I looked at him and grabbed Sky Kasen stood up and kiss her then I walked to my car.

Kasen POV

I couldn't deal with Shay right now. She was too emotional and I knew this would hit her hard so yea I didn't tell her anything. Ion know why Shawn trynna act all like her father when he just found out he was her daddy 5 mins ago. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes when he handed Skyla to Shay. I stood up and kissed Sky and then watched Shayla walk to the car. I was trying to think on who had beef with Dave. When that beef with him and Shaydon was dead I knew it wasn't too many people he had beef with so my head was all over the place.

Shayla POV

Kasen ain't never thought I was finna go home while my brother was laid up fighting for his life. I called Maya and told her to watch Skyla and dropped her off there. I called Kasen to let him know I was coming back but he didn't answer how can he keep me away from something like this. When I got back there Shawn and Kasen was the only ones in the waiting room. I came in and Kasen looked at me and back down. His eyes was blood shot red. I went sat by him and he leaned over putting his head in my lap. I knew this was worrying him and I had to be there for both my brother and baby. "K I'm gonna go call me when he wake up" Shawn said then he looked at me and said "We need to talk" I nodded and watched him go out the door.

I was now 4 in the morning and a doctor came out "Family of David Jones" We hopped up and walked to the doctor "So we lost Mr.Jones a couple of times but we was able to get his heart back started and working properly he was shot 5 times each bullet was fatal but we was able to patch him up, he's asleep right now" "When can we see him" "Like I said he's sleep but we are more than happy to call you when we wake up" "We want to sit in there until he do" "its really up to you, its no telling when he will wake up but his room is 206" as we walked down the hall the doctor came back and said "while in surgery he kept saying Danny" then she looked at me and said "you must be Danny" and smiled walking off. I looked at Kasen and at that moment for the first time of me being around him I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

Kasen POV

Seeing my nigga hooked up to all those machines made my trigger finger twitch. Shayla was sitting next to him while I sat at the foot of the bed. Its crazy how they started off hating each other now they all buddy buddy. I started to think about what the doctor was saying about him calling Danny and how she was there and called me telling me about him being shot. I shook that thought out my head because she loved him I knew she couldn't have shot this man. I was going on 8 am and Dave still hadn't woke up. I shook Shayla, "He's alive can you go get my baby and take her home now, I promise i'll call you when he wake up" she nodded and walked out the door. I sat in her seat next to Dave and put my head down. I hated seeing my nigga in this state I promise I was gonna find out who did this.