3

Shayla POV

It was now 8 o'clock and Sky came running to me saying Shayyyy I hungry. I sighed going into the kitchen looking at our empty cabinets and fridge. There was nothing but condiments and no bread to make a ketchup sandwich so I was lost. I never really like bothering others with my problems but it was something telling me I needed to eat before Sky get put in foster care due to me having to be in the hospital from passing out. You know soon as you go to the doctor without a parent or guardian CPS will be on your ass like white on rice, so I did my best to avoid those situations. Outside of Ms. Parker my bestfriend LaMaya and teachers was the only ones who knew my mother left me and my sister to basically fend for ourselves and they helped out as much as they could. Ms. Parker was our transportation and baby-sitter when I needed her so I couldn't overstep and ask her for money and Maya gave me 100 dollars a month and plus I am on her phone line and this month I couldn't buy much because I forgot to lock my locker school one day and got robbed. I couldn't tell Maya I was irresponsible enough to do that so now I am hungry and this month is just beginning.

Maya above and her POVMy phone started ringing and it was my Bestfriend Shayla I begged my mama to add her to our line because my bihhh needed her a phone period ! Anyways I answered like wassup girl she was like "nothing just calling" I knew she ...

My phone started ringing and it was my Bestfriend Shayla I begged my mama to add her to our line because my bihhh needed her a phone period ! Anyways I answered like wassup girl she was like "nothing just calling" I knew she sounded off and I asked her was she ok she said yea and said Sky wanted to get out the house and she didn't so she asked me to come get her for a while she needed a break and I said Yes with no problem!

I arrived at their complex and they was sitting in the stairs waiting on me I guess and when they seen me they got up and ran to my moms 2017 Camry. "Wassup
Girl" Shay said I looked at her and my bihh looked stressed I ain't say that to her of course but I knew she needed this alone time. I told her imma let Sky stay with me and she can get her rest since it was the weekend.
I drove off pulling into McDonald's because I know Sky probably was hungry and tbh I needed me a Big Mac cause a bitch ain't had one in so long.

Shayla POV

I was relieved when Maya said she would take Sky the whole weekend because I didn't know how I was going to feed her. I went in the house and decided I was going to go sell a few things around the house at the pawn shop for a couple of dollars for me something to eat. I couldn't lie My stomach was touching my back and I needed to eat soon. Nothing was really worth selling but then I remembered my grandma Ruby and her diamond earrings she left to me before she died. I didn't really want to sell those because it was the only thing I had left of her and those reminded me that I would always have a piece of her. I had to hurry and makeup my mind to rather I was gonna sell them or not because it was getting dark soon and I didn't wanna be out at night walking.