#53: Ghost Boy Pt.2

It took no effort to sneak out the double doors at the far end of the building, nor did we see an adult ready to question us. You could do this often, if you wanted to. The voice in my head was pushed away as the quest to find Gus reinforcement why I decided to go against the rules.

"Where do we even look?" Amanda asked, slightly out of breathe when we were away from the school. I had no answer, and kept facing forward as we continued walking.

"Maybe I should text Damien," she suggested, pulling out her phone.

Again, I remained silent. Soon we'd reach the end of the street and we'd have to make a choice between two directions. Mentally, I started to map out the places surrounding us, in a way, I was attempting to think logically but the more I tried, the reality of not knowing Gus enough made it more difficult.

But I wasn't one to give up, Gus needed to be okay.

At the intersection, we took a pause as she questioned, "Which way should we go?" In a whirl of rushing thoughts, I decided to take a left and she followed.

"Damien just said he's with Emma and Chelsea, they are going to a tunnel by Skurdin."

However, I was oddly set in the direction I was going.

"We should just meet up with them."

No.

"Amelia?"

Walking quickly, I was reluctant to listen.

"Would you stop!" She exclaimed, making contact with my arm which made me lash out, whining my arm away, "Would you stop making this about Damien!"

"What the hell does that mean?" She laughed.

"Are you really that stupid?" I questioned with such aggression, then blurted before thinking. "I guess you really are just a whore on any given day."

Her eyes began to bulged in tears, and I didn't feel sorry, there was not one ounce of regret.

"After today we are no longer friends," She informed, but still I wasn't phases by her words.

"I have Gus now, so it's okay."

"Yeah and when he fucks you over don't come crying to me."

I really wasn't afraid of loosing her. "He won't because unlike you, I know how to stay friends with a guy."

She could just walk—

"How fucking oblivious could you get? Don't you realize that boys only want one thing and it's sitting right between your legs." She added after a fuming pause, "Don't think you're friendship is that special."

I know I could take her words as a warning but I didn't, it faded to the back of head and off I went, walking into the unknown.

All I wanted was to find Gus, even at the cost of going on my own.

In a way, I felt like I knew where he would be, much like when you have a word sitting at the tip of your tongue but you can't say it, that sort of feeling was building up inside me. Another comparison would be when Gus tells me of a memory and it shows up in my head as he brings it up.