#35: Thirteen Years Pt. 2 (2016)

November 15 2016

She read this before, it was written in a book. It was portrayed in a movie. As the scene goes, there's a large window with a silhouette of a person standing before it. She's pondering and overlooking the place below her and there's a bag of clothes sitting on the edge of a well-made bed.

The phone in Amelia's hand vibrates, causing her gaze to rip from the view of Los Angeles just so she can read her dad's message:

don't do anything stupid

Stupid. What would be qualified as "stupid"?

She wasn't contemplating, her actions (so far) had purpose— nothing about this was stupid. Once confirmation ran though her head, all of what she felt sunk into her conscience, and she took a seat on the bed next to her bag of clothes and the silence paid no mind. She was so sure of everything. Where as Gus was writing the words of an untitled song  for his upcoming album (which was named after a significant time in his life.) And it may not be important but Anthony stood before a display, looking at highly expressive wedding rings. It was only a thought. A very possible one. To him, at least.

In the time it took Anthony to walk away,  Amelia sent simplicity, via Instagram.

Minutes later it was read by Gus:

I'm in LA

And before sending his response, he mouthed out the words to make sure it had correct grammar, and even more strangely Gus began cleaning his apartment. He threw all things and many things into a closet, as for the dishes he did what he could before taking overloaded trash bags into the kitchen pantry. It was during that time Amelia sat in an Uber, grabbing pieces of  hair, placing them in a certain way.

Bottom line: Both were, in a sense, nervous. Very nervous.

Now, if you can recall thirteen years earlier, what was Amelia doing on this exact day? Didn't she concluded something? What did she write on her list? Hint: those words written in a huge center format.

If you went back and checked, you'd you see the words:

Apologize to Gus

Well, in a way, on this exact day, as the uber pulled up, she concluded something... as in there was a lack of understanding, and seeing him, as he is right now made absolute sense. Worded differently, she needed to see what Gus's life looked like.

And her eager was so strong that within a few flashes the door of Gus's  apartment opened and there he was— the boy she loved, opened his arms, whispering in disbelief, "Chris— come here."

And her embrace was loved by Gus. Completely together, no sound, just their five senses exploding as the hands of every clock ticked away. But it was when they pulled apart, her eyes met with the streaks of his blonde hair allowing her smile to widen, so in comfort she lift her arm, ruffling back his hair with one hand (as she has done so many times before) "This is the Gus I knew."

He replied with raised brows, "Knew?"

She nodded, and their smile came into one as it does, followed by a chuckle. His hands were resting on her hips and it took a moment longer to let go.