#14: Two Weeks of March (2016)

AN: Usually when I do a time skip my updates are faster, being that 3rd person is so much easier for me to write... Anyway I updated 🐥❤️

Amelia C Rose, March 13th 2016

As she waited for her appointment, she re-read what he sent a little over a month ago,

just threw up
im about to preform i feel sick
but imma make it come tru
imma do it for u

He sent 3 messages and got from the toilet bowl. After removing his shirt, he draped it over the paper towel compartment, then stood before a cracked mirror, seeing and absorbing his nerve wrecked expression. His perfectly pink hair (that Emma dyed for him) gave him a distinct look, a gender appeal that went against what... society expected of him. But he's been like this for so long, why stop now?

"Peep, your up man— get your ass out here" said a voice from behind the closed door.

"Hold up I'm waiting for her text" he muttered, gripping onto the realm of the sink with a loss of vision.

But Amelia didn't and couldn't answer, she was standing with her father at a banquet, being introduced to the "younger" men that were employed by her dad's law firm . She shook hands with many, and it nearly made her dizzy— exhausted... and bored?

And just as Gus began singing Beamer Boy as his outro, Amelia read the hour old text messages, but didn't feel the need to reply. Instead, she went onto her Instagram and clicked onto his account— seeing that he uploaded a picture of Emma dyeing his hair. On the taxi ride back to her dorm, she looked out to the streets— with a blank expression, reflecting to the time Gus and her made a promise.

"Amelia Cambridge" a male's voice came from down the hall, which demanded Amelia's full attention— allowing the memory to fade just as she turned her head. She got to her feet and walked to where the doctor held the door to his office open. After a moment of small talk, he opened and examined her file and lifted his head with a question,

"Are you sexually active?"

Amelia shook her head No, just as Gus rolled a blunt in Pasadena, California. He had on a pair of boxers, completely content with his surroundings— including the feeling of Emma's arms wrapped around him, she too only had 25% of clothing on, and it hid her lady parts. As for Amelia, her outfit covered every piece of skin, except her face and hands.

The doctor continued, "Despite not being sexually active, have you ever been on birth control or any other pregnancy prevention substances lately?"

Again she shook her reply with a dropped head, indicating another No. While Gus nodded his head to what Emma whispered into his ear.

"How would you describe your menstrual cycle for the last six months?" the doctor added, taking note on the clipboard in front of him.

"I spot and nothing more" she answered to what stayed in constant motion at the back of her head, the reality that fed on her existence, the internal information she hid from people. Especially from her mother and father.

"When's the last time you had a normal menstrual cycle?"

The doctor's questions couldn't have been more painful but Amelia had to answer while Gus inhaled the green matter that released the endorphins needed for Gus to be... happy.