#28: Blink, What Next...

We just came back from Boston and I'm tired. Desperate to be alone, yet there was another obligation, (that happens once or twice a year, depending on the school's financial status.)

"After you unpack, I need you downstairs at the piano."

I nodded while replying,"Okay, I'll be down."

Mr. Roberts is the school board director.

"And make sure you wear what I hung in your closet"

Money is needed for scholarships... and if you combine those two pieces of information into one, you'll see why we're having a proper dinner, instead of attend church like we normally do on a Sunday night.

How do I know this? Well, teachers tell me and I... try to find ways to brush pass the mention of my dad's charity work and elope my words, and/or body, elsewhere.

After slipping on the dress, I approached the mirror, taking an overview. Lost in the flaws I noticed, all while braiding my hair.

Eyes, still too green.

Brows, unkempt.

My skin, too red.

My hairline, weird.

My front teeth, not... aligned.

And the scar.

Exasperating a sign, I turn on heel and unpacked. After placing everything it isn't rightful place, I sat at the edge of my bed to, cope with the silence.

Although, faintly, you can hear the existence of my mom and dad downstairs... Followed by my computer screen notifying a video chat.

Closer and closer I walked. It's Violet.

"Hey! I knew you were home! What you doing? How was Boston?"

Instead of answering, my curiosity voiced it's concern, "How was Amanda's party?"

"Oh! Jason held my hand like he promised"

I lowered my eyes, only to lift them back up. "What else?"

"A lot of people from our class went, Anthony asked about you, I told him you-"

To this day, I still hate him.

"What else did you do, other than hold hands with Jason?"

I was trying to get a visual of something I never had... and never will experience. You could say I was outside- desperate to look in.

"We played the High School Musical dance game, there was a cake, and some played that stupid bloody marry game in Amanda's bathroom, and guess what!"

I parted lips, as my brows pulled together, "What?"

"That boy who gave you the note showed up, he asked about you and I told him that you were in Boston, he wanted your number but I told him you don't have one, so I just gave him your Skype user"