#38: ✨ Thirteen Years Pt.3 (2016)

November 15 2016

Putting the notebook aside, Amelia stood up and approached Gus. His height, no matter the age, always measured taller. Yet, that never intimidated her, nor had she acknowledged it. But each time she'd look up, he'd have his head down, fixated on the small space between them.

Without hesitation, she placed her hand under his shirt, running her fingertips down one side of his rib cage, "You are just bones, what happen to you?"

Gus smiled, "Maybe it's because you stopped sending me cards."

She rolled her eyes and further her concern, "Do you want me to cook something?" And as if time hadn't changed, she waited for a response. Instead he continued to grin, and although it were a strange non verbal reply, she knew it were a yes and shoved pass him while rolling her eyes.  He snickered, adoring the taunting acts they shared.

In the kitchen, she opened a cabinet and Gus stood against the opposite counter, tugging on his sleeves (which is a nervous tick he developed growing up.) After seeing that hehad no food, she closed the cabinet about to ask if they should go grocery shopping. But it was Gus who wrapped his arms around her waist, placing his chin on her shoulder as he whispered, "I missed you."

It took a few seconds of transition but in return, she reciprocated the affection by caressing his arms. She tilted her head slightly, noticing a few new tattoos. It would've been nice if he, at least, had the... courteous to show her them first but  immediately, as his hands moved to the belt of her skirt, she knew that his actions, so far, confirmed another aspect that hadn't changed between them.

From taking off the belt to striping off her coat, he lifted her onto the counter and continuously kissed on her neck. Next, his hands ran up and down her thighs, then around her hips which allowed the skirt to be lifted. With each act, discomfort settled into her face and like always, he never saw the hurt she carried. However, this time, and aside from how she was feeling internally, she was determined. So determined that she unbutton his pants, which gave him the okay to pull off his shirt.

She then began to place kisses on his chest, and without being too descriptive (and within six minutes) he hit climax and she didn't. Her eyes, during that time, remained close and when done, they fluttered to the tears that were piling up.  Gus didn't notice. He laid his head against her chest, panting while feeling out her heartbeat like he does when given a chance like this.

If it ain't obvious, there's a pain Amelia cant escape, but still she keeps it to herself and wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He mirrored her act and pulled away.  Her eyes, at this point, were low and so blindly, he took her cheeks into his hands and held her gaze. Eventually, she had to smile and say at least something to stop his intensity, "I think we have to clean this counter before we go get some food for your stomach—."

His grin reappeared, allowing his hands to drop from her cheeks to his pants, adjusting the portion that was down. "Much like the time we had sex when you were on your period."

Without hesitation, she lifted one hand and playfully slapped him. His grin fully extracted as the sound of his pants zipped up.

"You need to shut up," she snapped, pulling up her bra strap.

"I still think about it," He continues after picking up her shirt and handing it to her, "—all the time."

Avoiding eye contact (along with not responding) she redressed her body's upper portion and tucked the bottom into her skirt. There, a silence reformed itself as Gus began to watch her, star gazing, if you will.

When dressed, she hopped off the counter which brought them closer and finally, she looked up into his dark, dilated pupils. "What are you on?"

His grin remerged, "A few xans— I'll be fine—" before continuing, his eyes lowered and came back to her's, "And you'll be fine."

"So give me one." She whispered, parentheses forming at the corner of her lips. Mischief in her green eyes.

He softly touched her nose with his index finger, "Are you testing me?"

She quickly shook her head, "No, give me one."

He remained speechless, landing his eyes where they usually go. Meaning he blankly stared at the space between them. Then she added, using a song title to one of his songs, "—like the time you gave me the moon."

Pulling away, he carefully took her by the hand. Slowly, as if were a cinematic movie scene, they approached the bed in the living area and sat down.

From the drawer of his bedside table, he pulled out the clanking of pills as her cheek laid against his shoulder. His expression returned to a grin and after opening and tapping out an excessive amount he held out his hand, "Pick one."

Instead, she picked out three and one by one, each entered her body. It was a feeling she hadn't felt in so long and the world, within twenty minutes, finally left. Thankfully, Gus (during the time they bought food), was more comprehensive but her actions up till they made it back to his apartment made him laugh.

With his arms carrying multiple bags, he also managed to lead her up the stairs. Inside the apartment, she spun in circles and once the food was set on the counter, he ran up to her— throwing his arms around her waist.

He knew/felt these were the only times she'd ever want his affection and to prove that statement, Amelia twirled in his arms to face him and pulled down his height to kiss him. And although she was lashing out aggressively, her actions were still delicate and by the force of her swaying stride, Gus's back landed on the bed. Her body over his, kissing on his neck— and as always, he froze in place as the vision in his eyes became tears. The silent and unnoticeable kind.

The two, if you can't tell, felt unwanted by each other but it's evident, the two lacked verbal communication... If they didn't have this problem, maybe November 15 of the following year wouldn't have happened.

🐥