New Year, New Opportunities (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Damn, wait a minute. What was the next thing Kelly told me? I checked my phone and looked back at Kelly's message. Remember to go to the airline that's called "Private Lines" Okay. Private LInes. I moved my luggage to a secluded and hidden place so nobody could take it. Then I made my way to the front desk of the airport. 

"Good morning, sir. How can I help today?", the lady said. "Uh..I'm kinda having trouble finding my airline.", I said. "You don't know where it's at?", she asked me. "Yes, ma'am. It's been a while since I've gotten on a plane. I have a fear of flying.", I said honestly. "Aww. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, sir. Do you know what's the name of your airline?", She said. 

I chuckled. "You didn't make me feel bad and the airline's called Private Lines.", I said. The lady nodded her head and began typing on her computer. "Okay. Okay. Private Lines. Here it is.", she said. "You'll have to keep going straight and once you see the panel with your airlines' name on it, make that left turn and you'll be boarding with them. They'll have on red and white attire on.", she added. "Okay. Thank you, ma'am.", I said. After that, I quickly grabbed my luggage and walked around the airport.

...Twenty minutes later...

I made it to the panel and waited a while for my airline to show up. I felt someone tapping on my back.  I turned around and saw a man I think Kelly was telling me about. "Are you Mister DeGrate?", he asked me. "Depends on what we talking about.", I said. "Ms. Kelly told me to look for a tall man with shades on. You fit the description she gave me.", he said. This is Shawn. damn. I imagined this nigga a lil different.

"You're Shawn?", I asked him. "Yup and you're Mr. DeGrate?", Shawn asked. "Yup.", I said.  "I'm glad I finally found you, Mr. DeGrate.", Shawn said. "You don't have to call me that. Making a nigga sound old. Just call me Devante.", I told him. "Okay, Mr. Devante.", Shawn said. nigga.

Once we got comfortable with each other, we made sure to look for Private Lines. "You see it yet?", I asked Shawn. "Nope. not yet.", Shawn said. I gave up and looked at my phone and read a message.

My Messages

My World: Hey baby. Ik it's probably too early in the morning for you but I really hope you read this message. I just wanna thank you for always being there for me in the hospital. You didn't have to be there for me. You could've just cared and worried about Dyana but you didn't. Besides my family, I never really had someone care that deeply about me, my whereabouts, and my health. In just a few minutes, you can make me feel happy and secure in myself. I love you and have a safe flight. Enjoy yourself in my hometown too while you at it lol.

Seeing that message kinda made my heart melt and made me feel appreciated. Never had a woman thank me for anything besides the women in my family. It feels a little weird, to be honest.

"Mister Devante!", Shawn said. "Huh?", I said. "I see the airline. Where do we go now?", Shawn asked me. "We gotta make a left turn and then we'll see the flight attendants.", I said. "You might have to guide me. I don't know English and directions really good.", Shawn told me. "You not from here?", I asked him. "Nope. I'm from India. I been here for a year now.", Shawn said. I nodded my head.

"Okay. Let's go.", Shawn said going the wrong way. "That's the wrong way.", I said. "Just follow me. I know the way.", I said. After that, we both made a left turn from the panel. Then we saw the boarding stations from all of the airlines. "Damn. It's so many planes coming here at the same time.

"Okay. Ms. Kelly said the people for our plane is in red and white clothes.", Shawn said. I turned my head and saw people in red and white. "Is that Delta Fair or Private Lines?", I asked Shawn. Shawn squinted his eyes. "Uhh...that's Delta Fair, Mr. Devante.", Shawn said.

"I think I found them.", Shawn said. "Where?", I asked. "They're next to Delta.", Shawn said while pointing at the Private Lines people. "Ight. Let's go.", I said. After that, we both walked towards the Private Lines flight attendants. "Can I see both of your plane tickets please?", one of the flight attendants said.

I showed my ticket on my phone and Shawn showed his on his badge. "Alright. Welcome aboard gentlemen. Ms. Kelly has instructed us to satisfy your needs, wants, and to ensure your flight is safe and relaxing.", the flight attendant said. "Alright! Mister Devante, let's cruise to Tennessee!", Shawn said. We walked through the tunnel and entered the plane.

...Five hours later...

My nerves were through the roof. Shawn was having a blast talking to the ladies, laughing, and watching dramatic ass shows. I felt someone tapping my shoulder. Nervously, I turned around and saw a petite woman in red and blue. "Are you okay sir? You look like you're about to have a mental breakdown.", she said with a thick accent. 

"Uh...it's been a couple of decades since I've ever been on a plane. I'm just a little nervous.", I told her. "Well...I could help you relax and not be so anxious with us.", the lady said. I looked at her and said, "I'm taken if that's what you mean." She chuckled. "No silly. Why does everyone think of infidelity whenever I say that?", she said jokingly. 

"I think it's the way you say it. And how could you help me?", I asked. "Hold on. I'll grab it for you.", the lady said while walking away. I turned my head to the side and had an amazing view. The clouds were thin as paper from this view. My phone vibrated two times and I checked it. I looked at my phone and saw two new messages.

My Messages

Kelly: Soooo the assistant pilot just texted me that you and Shawn both made it inside the plane. Good job! This is the part where yall can lay back and relax.

Kelly: Don't be relaxing too much. Saving all that happiness and excitement once you land Tennessee.

Well whatever is happening in Tennessee, I gotta thank Kelly for all of this. "Here. I have what can soothe you!", the assistant pilot said. I turned around to see what she meant. And this bitch got 6 grams of weed. I grinned. "Yall got any rillo wraps in this bitch?", I asked. "Of course! I came prepared. Ms. Kelly insisted I carry them on me at all times!!!", Shawn said pulling out a bunch of rillo wraps. "Let's get this shit started.", I said pulling out my lighter.

To be continued...