10. Talking With Jackson

Chapter Ten : Talking With Jackson

The nearly evening sky was quite gloomy when we reached the school garden. Decorated with flowers and plants, the garden at my school is one of the best places I like in this school. It just gives me a friendly feeling. We sat on a bench under a shady tree.

We stared at the ground and the trees for a while before Jackson decided to break the silence. " So, I've wondering, do I know you from before? Because you look really familiar," he said in his deep voice with his blue eyes intense. He was facing me, waiting for a reply. I don't know how I end up here, talking with a very good-looking guy on a bench, only inches apart from each other.

The question he asked was the last question I ever wanted to hear from him. The thing is, I can't just tell him that he's my first crush two years ago where he magically disappeared from this school. I thought of a simpler answer so I said, " Well, you were in this school two years ago right?"

" Yeah..how'd you know that?"

" I was your ex-classmate, remember?"

He looked at me for a while, his eyebrows furrowed like he was trying to recognize my face. It was awkward having him stare at me so I looked away. He then said, " Oh yeah, I remembered you. Wait, were you the girl with the braces and always at the corner of the room, reading some weird shit?"

I winced at the memory of me wearing braces that time. Luckily, I got rid of it after my teeth were better. I nodded shyly and then he spoke again after a few seconds, like he've just got a shock from my response.

" Wait, Leighton, was that really you? Oh shit," he quickly diverted his gaze to the ground and ran his hand through his perfect blonde hair. What? Why is he suddenly so nervous and stuff?

" What's wrong?" I asked, confused.

He turned to look at me again and his cheeks were a little pink which I couldn't figure out was caused by the cold or something else and stuttered a bit before he answered.

" U-Uh, nothing. Just that you changed a lot from before, like you turned hotter," he said, his eyes on the ground with his cheeks tinted with heat.

"Oh."

Oh my goodness, what was that? I can't believe what I've just heard. Someone slap me to make sure this isn't some type of weird fantasy. I could feel heat rising up to my face so I also started to stare at the ground. This is odd and really awkward.

" I-"

" You-"

We said at the exact same time and seconds later, we broke into laughter. I then said, " You first," after recovering from the sudden attack of laughter.

" Haha, alright," he began, " You know, it was such a shock, I mean I can't believe it was you. I bet we never talked before right?"

" Never. You were the totally opposite of me and I don't really talk much to people," I laughed a little after replying.

He just looked at me and smiled. Damn, if there was an award for the most attractive smile in the world, he would get it as easily as me eating pizza in one minute.

I was going to ask him something but he took out his phone and checked the time before saying, " I think it's about time. She should be awake soon. "

I nodded and followed him back to the classroom quietly. We entered the classroom and Mrs Boring was still snoring lightly on the desk. He gave me a thumbs-up and we sat at our previous seats.

Suddenly, Jackson called quite loudly, " Mrs Boring! Mrs Boring!"

Mrs Boring shot up from her seat, like as if someone just poked her at her ass. Both of us tried to hold our laughter when she did that. She held an alerted face while her eyes went around and saw us.

" Oh my, it was you. You gave me an heart attack. What's your problem, Mr McLean?"

" Sorry, Mrs Boring but it's time for dismissal," Jackson said while smirking as usual.

" Oh my, so sorry, both of you can go back now," she said while packing her stuff to go.

We both exited the class after Mrs Boring had went off. We then started to laugh, remembering the teacher's funny reaction from just now. Jackson started to mimick Mrs Boring's face when she shot up from her chair and I started to laugh harder.

A minute or two later, we calmed down a little. We both walked down the hallways, heading to the main entrance.

" Uhh..it was great time with you today. Best detention escape ever," he blurted out while we were walking.

I was quite shocked at first but then I gave him a smile. " Me too. Weird how we're not even close yet we laughed our asses off today," I replied while looking at him.

He stared at the ground again. Jackson is shy? No way! This is way not normal. After that, he quickly told me he needed to go and went towards a car outside. Okay, that was weird.

I didn't think too much as I saw my mother's car, waiting for me. Immediately, I rushed towards her car and got in. I greeted my mother and she asked how my day went.

" Great," I said in a cheerful tone. I was holding a bright smile which I haven't been holding for a few days on my face but my mother didn't noticed.

--
A/N
There you go! Chapter 10!
So how was it? Do you like where this is going? Tell me whether you like it or not in the comments below!

P.S. don't be a silent reader! your comments always make my day! <3
Please..
VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE
Thanks a lot!

Daphne
xoxo