9. An Adventure With Jackson

Back from chapter eight
--
I looked back at Jackson but he was already half laughing at her. He faced me and said, " Great time to escape, detention buddy."

His face was full of mischief and adorableness. I looked at him, still a litle confused about what he was thinking. He goofily smiled and reached out his hand to me.

At this moment, I was still very puzzled but other than that, I feel that there is something I shouldn't miss now.
--
Chapter Nine : An Adventure With Jackson

His hand was held out in front of me and my first instinct was to grab hold of his hand. I don't know why I did it but I think it was the best way to get away from this boring detention.

He pulled me across the room and quietly opened the door so that Mrs Boring wouldn't be awaken. She is a heavy sleeper, I guess. When we stepped out of the room, I asked softly, " Where are we going?"

Oh my god, what am I supposed to do? I don't know why but I am getting really excited eventhough I'm not even that close to him. I don't even know if he actually remembers me. His warm hand was firmly gripped on my wrist, causing my heart to skip a beat each time. He looked at me and smiled, "Wanna see the library?"

"Why the library?" I asked. I'm sure there's not much to see in the library except books right?

" You'll see. It's not as simple as you think," he said and gave me a wink that I bet could melt most of the girls's hearts at Linden High. He switched his grip to my other hand and tagged me along up the stairs.

It was really quiet and there was no one left at school I guess. Our soft footsteps could be heard slightly on the tiles of the stairs. We reached the library and he glanced at me for a while before he opened the library door really carefully, afraid to make any noise.

Being the clueless me, I just followed closely behind. He released his hand from mine and stood behind one of the high bookshelves at the last few rows. He pressed his finger lightly on my lips and I just gave him a confused look.

Weird enough, while waiting for his response, I heard some noises. It was the same noises I've heard when I caught Alexa with the senior. This is not what I'm thinking right?

Jackson tilted his head a little to the right to see something behind the tall shelf. He looked cute doing that. Oh my, stop it, Leighton. I did the same as him, tilted my head a little to see behind the shelf and this is got to be the worst and most shocking thing I've ever seen in this school.

A male teacher about the age of 30 is hovering over a female teacher who wore her button-up blouse which revealed her cleavage and I think I could have puked any second. The female teacher, which I couldn't see the face quite clearly, was letting out constant soft moans from her mouth. The male teacher was probably leaving hickeys everywhere at her chest and neck.

Goodness, I couldn't stand it anymore. I closed my mouth, wanting to gasp for air and puke at the same time. Jackson realized my reaction and he laughed lightly at me before pulling me out of the library quickly but silently.

After leaving the library, I was totally amazed and my brain couldn't absorb what I just saw. I didn't know there were so much things happening at the library since I used to think that library is all just about books. Naïve me, even teachers do that stuff at school and I didn't know.

I looked at Jackson and he gave me his smirk again, "I told you it's not as simple as you think."

I felt curious so I asked, " How do you know all this?"

" Of course I know. I've been in this school before and," he looked into my eyes, " bad boy knows it all, right?" He still had that smug look on his face.

I didn't want to satisfy his ego but I couldn't find any other reply so I just rolled my eyes and said sarcastically, "Yeah, yeah."

" Oh c'mon, Lei. You gotta admit I'm smart enough to know all this dirty little secrets right? " I wanted to rip his smirk out of his face but at the same time, I felt like kissing his smirk away on his stupid face. Wait, Leighton? What did you just think? No, no. No more stupid thoughts, girl.

Me being the stubborn me, I just replied while pointing my index finger at him, "First, I never said you can call me Lei. Second, I still don't think you're smarter than me." His smirk literally dropped from his face to a frown.

" Oh," he said.

Okay, did I just hurt his feelings or what? Stop messing up, Lei. A few seconds later, right before I wanted to ask him, he said, "Anyway, I like sassy Leighton." He was back to normal again, the smirky Jackson face. He gave me a quick wink that made my stomach burst with butterflies before he took my hand again and led me back down stairs.

After the few minutes we've been together, I started realize that all of this was weird. Like, real weird. How do I even manage to be all friendly with him? The question of whether he still remembers me from last time still got me curious. I don't know if I should ask him about it because I don't want to make it all awkward if he doesn't remember me and I remember him. And maybe, I'm just a temporary entertainment for his boring detention escape.

We then reached the bottom of the stairs and I wondered what were we going to do. " So, we still have half an hour left and I bet Mrs. Boring is still sleeping," he said to me, while raising his eyebrows like asking me for my opinion, " What do you want to do?"

" I don't know," I answered nervously. I feel insecure when talking to boys, especially Jackson. I'm not sure what else to say so I just stared at the ground and walls and then realized how big actually is Linden School. Funny how you don't realize something until you've stopped still snd stare.

" Hellooo? Earth to Leighton?" Jackson waved his hand in front of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't listening." I must have zoned out for a while.

" Okay. I was just thinking if you want to just hang out at the small garden at our school," he said while looking at me, making sure I was actually listening. " I know it's quite lame-" I swear he blushed a little for a while, " but oh well, to kill time."

I don't know what to feel about this because the word 'hang out' with Jackson and me is just kind of odd. I never thought this would actually happen.

" Are you sure Mrs Boring will not wake up by then? "

" Course not. I've been in shitloads of detentions before and man, she sleeps like there's no tomorrow," he gave a chuckle and smiled at me to assure me. I couldn't help but laugh a little and smiled.

" Okay then," I said in a soft voice, I still felt a little shy about this. I couldn't stop worrying about the consequences.

He gave me a warm smile and said, " I don't know why I'm saying this but don't you worry about anything if you're with me." He began to pull me along with me towards where the school garden is.

I'm unsure what he said last was actually used to tease me, comfort me or it was just true from his heart.

--
A/N
Omg squeeee! Aren't you fangirling? Oh. Okay. Fine. Only me then. Can't believe I'm fangirling over my own fictional characters hahaha.
Anyway, this is a long chapter because I love you guysss hehe

Please..
VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE
Thanks!

xoxo
Daphne