18. My Life Is A Huge Clump Of Mess

Chapter Eighteen : My Life Is A Huge Clump Of Mess

"You look wonderful as always today."

A sense of love-struck was displayed obviously in her tone as she said it. Tiffany's eyes were fluttering, like as if multiple cupids had just shot thousands of love arrows straight into her naïve heart. Her hand was on her heart like she've been warmed by a hot chocolate on a cold winter day.

"Gee, thanks," I said jokingly, eventhough that is 100 percent not meant for me.

She finally got back to reality after her mini-love-struck-moment and faced me with a wide grin, "Can you believe he texted me that?"

I knew she meant Dylan so I rolled my eyes at her but also can't help smiling at the thought of my best friend being in love. If she is happy, I am too. As cheesy as it might sound, I'm glad for Tiffany, really.

"How can someone be so sweet?" She sighed and you could actually imagine flying hearts around her face as she supported her head on her hands. "Tiff, do you ever feel this way before?" She still got the drunk-in-love tone in her voice.

Her question got me thinking for a moment. Have I ever felt that way before? What's that supposed to mean? Love? If it meant love, then no, definitely, no.

I just shook my head at her and put my books on my desk as I waited for our English teacher to arrive. As soon as the door opened, everyone scurried back to their seats and you could hear chairs and pens falling down out of panic. Immediately, Mrs Madeleine, our English teacher started the class as always without hestitation.

A few minutes past before the class was interrupted by a few rushed knocks on the door and in came a blonde-haired guy. A queasy feeling started to form in the pit of my stomach and heat filled my whole head. He was late again.

"Mr Jackson McLean. Please have a seat quick," said Mrs Madeleine.

I could see his chest rising up and down with beads of sweat rolling down his neck as he made his way towards us. Have I told you how hot he looked last time he was sweating? Well, I'm reminding you that again.

I took a quick glance around the classroom and realized that there is only one seat left. And guess what? It's right behind me. Yes, what a great coincidence.

He hastily put his bag down and sat behind me. I took my pen and jot something down, whatever the teacher said. It's something I do out of my nervousness. I could hear his breath qradually slowing down and I felt tingles on my neck when I heard him drum his fingers on the desk softly.

What is so difficult about this, Leighton? Focus, focus! I sighed, exasperated, and focused my eyes on the teacher's lips which never stopped going on and on about common grammatical errors.

Out of the blue, when I could finally focus, I lost it again. Something hit me at the back of my head very lightly. I turned back quickly and saw Jackson looking at me with his memerizing blue eyes which is dangerous for me to look at for too long. He gave me a slight nod at the floor and there it was, a small piece of crumpled paper on the floor.

A note? I picked it up, my pulse racing as my fingers shook to open the paper.

Instead of what I was expecting, like a cheesy cute note or something nice, it was the opposite. "That shirt doesn't suit you", the note said. Wow, I'm impressed by how this shirt gets more attention than my face will ever do.

I wrote, "Thanks, I like it more now." In a swift motion, I placed it on his desk with my eyes on Mrs Madeleine where she's writing on the board.

I could imagine his signature smirk he had on his face all the time and I can't help feeling my lips curved upwards a little at that thought. Within a few seconds, a tiny paper ball landed on my desk and I opened it quickly. Ugh, my curiousity is going to kill me someday.

"More than you like me?" it said. Woah, woah, hold the fudge cakes up. What did he just wrote? It wasn't a comeback I expected. Butterflies became butterflies who had guns bombarding my stomach as I felt blood flowed furiously through my veins, like it was a race to whichever reach the brain first wins.

I thought for at least a minute or two but the bell saved my life. Immediately, I took my bagpack with me and rushed out of the room. I was too scared to turn back. I heard Tiff calling me from behind.

"Wait, Lei! Wait!"

I continued taking my long strides towards my locker as question marks flooded my mind. What am I supposed to do? Reply or just wait? Oh no, Lei, it's just a tease, don't be tricked.

But in that very moment, Life wanted me to doubt my perspectives of things. Someone grabbed my hand and I turned around, expecting it to be Tiff or even, Jackson.

But like I said, my life is a huge clump of mess.

"Hey," Austin said.

--
A/N

Heyyy lovelies!
Three words: Don't kill me! I know, I know, I keep messing up with your feelings and Lei's feelings but I'm sorry! It's supposed to be confusing because I looove you all <3
Anyway, something big is going to happen soon !

"Something big I feel it happening, out of my control" - Shawn Mendes ;)
( For a friend who fancies him a lot, you know who you are! )

Thanks to all you lovelies for reading but please remember to...
VOTE/
COMMENT/
SHARE !

Your to-hate-to-love writer,
Daphne x