39. I'll Be Your Prince

A/N: Happy (super super) late 2018 loves! It's been months since I've updated so sorry! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and the a/n in the end <3

Chapter Thirty Nine: I'll Be Your Prince

It was Friday.

The first bell rang, signaling the start of lessons. The hallway was noisy. The students were all busily making their ways to their classes and the noise of chatting and shutting of locker doors was all I could hear ringing in my ears. I didn't know why but my sense of hearing became so much sharper this morning. It was as if my body was on alert since I woke up.

It felt odd. Being so aware of my surroundings, I mean. I got my books out and shut my locker door before I made my way to my first class—English. I passed by a few girls talking as they walked when suddenly, one of them dropped her book. It landed on the floor with a thud. I stopped in my tracks and flinched unconsciously as the sound startled me. The girls noticed my reaction and started to look at me weirdly.

Jeez. What is wrong with me?

Something was wrong with me definitely. I couldn't explain the feeling inside me. My mind felt restless, in a way.

"Hey," I heard a voice said. It was a guy's.

My heart started to pump faster. I could feel the heat at the back of my neck. Is it him?

"Ah, thanks," the girl who dropped her book before said.

I quickly looked at the source of the voice from earlier. A dark-haired guy with cheeks slightly blushing stood before her, handing her the book. She took it from him gratefully with a sweet smile.

"No problem," he smiled at the girl before walking off.

God. Did I actually think that it was him? That's it. I've been feeling all strange since this morning because I've been subconsciously anticipating him in school. He had told me the other day that he will be returning today after his suspension ended. But where the hell was he?

Ugh, I'm such an idiot. I can't believe my senses are going crazy just because of him. Damn you, Jackson McLean.

I shook my head to clear my mind before continuing to walk to my class. I gripped my bag at my side tightly. My nerves were getting the worst out of me. I reached the class and scanned the room quickly before sitting down at my seat, feeling my heart drop in disappointment. He should be here by now...

In the front of the classroom, our English teacher, Ms Boring was writing something on the whiteboard while the others were still chatting in their seats.

"Alright class, settle down," the teacher's loud voice projected across the classroom, bringing a silence to the classroom. "So we'll begin our lesson for today. Open your textbook to page 79 and read the extract given in silence for a few minutes. I'll ask a few of you to explain some interesting phrases in the text."