1. Unnoticed

Chapter One : Unnoticed

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I lazily stretched my hand out with my face on my pillow, trying to switch off the alarm. I could not reach it so I stretched my hand a little further and.. bam! What a nice moment to start a day. My face was against the floor and my body was laying on the floor. Before I could groan out in exasperation, I heard my door open.

"Leighton, are you awake?" my mom asked.

"Urhmm..yep," I replied.

My mom walked in and saw me on the floor, "Honey, what are you doing there?"

"Well, the floor looked like it needed a hug so yeah," I said, smiling innocently.

She just rolled her eyes, smiling and said, "Fine. Just get yourself ready for school."

She left my room and I quickly got up from the floor. Ugh. It was a typical Monday morning and I had to go to school again. I groggily went to shower and got ready for school. I did not even bother to comb my hair as I have no one to please anyway. I looked at my body. Tank top, skinny jeans and a pair of sneakers. Yes, ready to go.

I went downstairs and saw my mom busily making pancakes for breakfast. The strong smell of pancakes and honey filled the kitchen as I happily skipped to my mom and pecked her on the cheek.

"I love you, mom," I said to her.

"Love you too. So, in a good mood today?" she asked.

"Not really. It's a Monday, mom," I said, sitting myself at the kitchen table.

"Okay. Have some pancakes first before leaving," she said, leaving a stack of pancakes on the table for me.

I quickly gobbled down the pancakes as I was quite hungry. Then, my mom sent me to school and we bided goodbyes. Huh, another day at school, being unnoticed and all. Yes, you heard me. I am the girl that no one even bother to look at and people just ignore me as always when I passed the hallways.

Well, I do have a few friends though. They were never really true friends too as I would always end up depending on myself for my problems. My closest friend is Alexa. She's friendly and nice but sometimes she just tends to forget about me. I don't know why either. People would always eventually forget about me somehow.

I went to my locker to take my books but then, I was stopped by someone blocking me from opening my locker.

"Oh, hello there, 'Leeee-ton'. So, I heard that you had a crush on Austin, eh?" the girl who always bullied me since third grade till now said. She pronounced my name that way purposely because she knows how I hate people doing that eventhough my name should be pronounced as 'Lay-ton' not 'Lee-ton'.

" W-What do you want, Cassie?" I, who tried to sound brave but failed again, stammered.

" Oh, nothing really. Just asking about you and your little crush," Cassie replied with a smirk, clearly trying to tease me for the hundredth time.

Ugh. Why do people always assume? I don't even have a crush on Austin. Just because I helped him to pick up his books from the floor when he accidentally bumped into me. And now, people thinks I had a crush on him just because I was smiling at him.

Well, damn those busybodies' thoughts. Always assuming things and stuff. Don't they have their own business to care? Gossiping and spreading rumors are really talents for some Linden School students.

Other than that, I also do not believe in all those romantic love and stuff. Those perfect love stories only exists in books or movies. Never in reality. Even if they do, it will never be in my life though.

I looked at Cassie, trying my best sincere look and said, "No, I do not have a crush on anyone. So, please would you leave me? I need to get to class now."

Smirking once again, she replied, "Fine. We'll talk about this some other time. I don't want to spend my time now on a loser either."

With that, she shot me one last dirty glance, spun on her heels and walked away. Pfft. Like I owe her my time. I just don't get why would she even want to know about me and Austin. Maybe she got a thing for that guy as Austin is not a bad guy at all. Good looking, kind, polite, caring and charming. Who wouldn't fall for him? Well, me actually. I am not really having a crush on anyone right now as I will never get a chance either. Unnoticed, boring, quiet and lame. Who would like a girl like that?

Shaking my head to clear all the thoughts, I took my books and went to my classroom. First lesson was English, my favourite subject. After a while, the bell rang and Mrs Madeleine, my English teacher came in. This time, she unexpectedly brought a boy with him. All eyes, especially girls, were on him once he stepped into the class with Mrs Madeleine.

He's tall, has blonde hair and his body showed that he had work out a lot. Most of all, he has a dashing smile. I heard girls giggled and the boys had annoyed looks on their face.

Mrs Madeleine calmed the class down and said, " Class, this is a new student. He's from Oak School and will be studying here from now on. Mr Jackson McLean, please introduce yourself."

Looking at him longer, I realized something I should have known earlier. This familiar face. Jackson McLean. Shit.

I know him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N

Hey readers! So how was it? Please leave a comment or vote as this is my very first story on Wattpad. And I'm scareddd. Please say something :)

Thanks a lot if you read it! x

Shall I continue?