26. You're So Lame

A/N Happy 2016 my shenanigans!
Long chapter ahead!
Sorry in advance if this chap is shït because I'm rushing this oops

Chapter Twenty Six : You're So Lame

After a few nerve-wrecking minutes in Jackson's car, I was actually relieved to finally see the Mexican diner in sight because a) I couldn't stand Jackson's choice of music any longer (which consists of hard metal and rock bands I know nothing of) and b) the plain fact that Jackson McLean is in the car, driving me, only a few inches away from contact.

I tried to stare at everything outside the car -anything to avoid staring at Jackson- because the last thing I want to leave is an impression of me creeping on a really hot guy when he's driving. I mean, it's not like I can help it, you know. Puberty does that to people I guess.

When he pulled into a parking lot, my heart was already thumping against my chest nervously. I was going to have a meal with Jackson McLean. Why doesn't he worry about being seen with me? Me as in the school's boring yet socially awkward nerd whose favourite place in school is the library and doesn't enjoy gym class because she runs like a llama?

I'm pretty sure none of the jocks or whoever in the fame group wants to be seen with me in fear of destroying their famous reputation and probably their social level and all those rich kids' shit. I mean, even Alexa, my ex-friend, left me for that.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Jackson placed his hand on mine, causing me to jump a little.

He chuckled lightly at my sudden shock, "Sorry, are you okay?"

I gathered a smile back at him. The truth is, all I felt was insecurity and confusion around him and the worst is his inavoidable blue eyes staring at me. It's dangerous for any girl. Maybe the reason why every girl was head over heels for him.

He removed his hand and I felt the emptiness above my hand again, the warmth gone. He nodded at the diner in sight, "Let's get going. I'm hungry."

I nodded back stupidly, forgetting that I was supposed to get out of the car. Everything around him got me all caught up in my fantasy.

I jogged quickly towards him, catching up with his long legs striding to the diner. A lady in her mid-thirties, was opening the door when we reached. She was wearing a colourful Mexican traditional dress and she was beaming widely at Jackson.

"Mr McLean! Oh, long since you've came here!" the lady exclaimed, a little too excitedly.

Jackson gave her a quick hug while I stood there, awkwardly waiting for the lady's never-ending exclaimations like he was his long-lost son.

"It's a great thing you're here, Jackson!" she continued, reaching for his arm before realizing my existence, "Oh! And who is this pretty lady?"

She was still smiling warmly and I blushed while I felt Jackson's eyes on me once again, a smirk tugging at his lips. He didn't want to reply and they were waiting for my response.

I was going to open my lips when I saw a short plump man shouting from inside,"Madison! Don't keep the kids waiting at the door! They c'mere to eat not chit-chat!"

Madison's cheeks were tinted with heat while she escorted us to a booth for us to sit. Jackson sat down and I felt his eyes on me when I slid into the seat opposite him.

Madison, who apparently loves chit-chat with customers, continued," I guess we'll save the talking for next time and we should get onto our orders for now." Her eyes wrinkled slightly when she grinned at us widely.

Jackson nodded. "I think I'll just stick with the usual," he replied, receiving a curt nod from Madison who seemed to understand what he was saying.